Mighty News Thread Number 9: No Silksong in Mudville

Looking at the Annapurna list and seeing 4 of the best games ever made and at least two of the worst I’m gonna be sad because yeah 4 of the best games ever got funded.

For more read Rudie’s Top 100 Games on Hinge Problems Dot Com

7 Likes

annapurna-posting cuz i don’t care

2 Likes

This is the guy who said Days Gone would have been better recieved if it wasn’t for Woke.

15 Likes

For people having trouble remembering his game was Sons of Anarchy mixed with The Walking Dead, really amazing stuff tapping into the Zeitgeist of gamers circa 2000-whatever

5 Likes

you mean to tell me the guy who made a game valorizing white supremacist biker gangs has bad takes

7 Likes

Hey don’t forget when you get to the human settlement it says Hold X To Skip Optional Conversation the whole time and that you get to mow down waves of Zombie Children in a school just to show this game is Serious.

9 Likes

i was about to ask this lol

1 Like

Dang, after like 7 hours of nothing happening in this game I looked up the ending and found out that nothing really happens in the entire game. I must have skipped right over that bit.

The only thing I carry in my soul from Days Gone is that the children yearn and demand New Game+ in every game.

days gone was one of the games in development when i was an intern at sony and i got access to the story bible and while i was reading it i thought to myself “the story must be close to over here now right” and then i realized i was only a third of the way through

12 Likes

Days Gone has sold at least 7M copies per the Insomniac leak

This is as many copies as Bloodborne

Just something to think about

17 Likes

Damn. I can’t remember who here it was, but I got that game on sale per a recommendation from someone on this very website. Reading these negative posts feels like I’m losing grip in a slight way!

I played a tiny bit of it and thought that it was boring.

1 Like

feels like kind of a bleak coda on the annapurna thing that most of the comments i’ve seen on it are just people going “hope this doesn’t delay Control 2”

9 Likes

THE TREATS MUST FLOW!!!

8 Likes

(sees a Funko pop) look at this… they’ve forced feminized my strong man… but make no mistake… they’re coming for you, I just happen to be in the way…

10 Likes

this looks like a solid Silent Hill clone and it just came out yesterday, for people who crave Silent Hill clones

this also came out a few days ago and has a cool art style. know nothing else about it tho

6 Likes

me but with the new keita takahashi game

3 Likes

everything sucks constantly

5 Likes

I’ll admit I didn’t buy Penny yet because it seemed like a fantastic game for a very specific kind of person and I don’t think I was that person.

3 Likes

I did not buy Penny’s Big Breakaway because I was/am too broke but damn…I enjoyed this video very much

2 Likes

That Elsie game got me kind of interested solely because the trailer shows a boardwalk called “Sapir Wharf”. I want to know where the hypothesis of linguistic relativity fits into this!

4 Likes