Metroid Rogue Dawn

hey so, there’s this new metroid game coming out

let’s not talk about it

instead, a few years ago some fans started work on a romhack / conversion of the original NES metroid called Metroid: Rogue Dawn. you can tell I’m talking titles here, cuz I capitalized one that’s important and one that’s not.

There’s a story to this romhack about bein Samus’ sister or somethin…but!
You don’t care about that, and neither do I . What we’re here for is to see how good it is

this romhack overhauls almost all of the graphics and they even managed to get some abilities and mechanics from other metroid games dummied in. i’m excited, i’m playin it tonight…

1 Like

This seems like a use of my time

Oh I totally forgot about this. More rom hack threads imo.

Into some of these details on the planet. Like the spindley plants drawn with wall tiles.

kinda wanna tag @diplo in this but I don’t think the music in this romhack is anything special! kinda wanna tag @gizmonicgamer but…they don’t post here…

oh hey guys i did some testing for this. it’s pretty good imo. (ask me anything)

My initial interest in this thing was piqued by the soundtrack actually. The composer, optomon, did original music for some other hacks before (mostly Castlevania), so it was interesting seeing him struggle to make something Metroid-like. I don’t think he ever really nailed that mark, but I like what we got nonetheless.

I originally went into this expecting it to be a heavily-sequenced experience (like Super Metroid), but it’s actually structured more like Metroid 1. By that I mean that after getting only a couple items the majority of the world opens up to you. It was a nice surprise.

v1.2 added some non-trivial design/aesthetic changes. I haven’t yet experienced it, fwiw.

3 Likes

Woah, hey RT.

1 Like