![]()
I somehow totally missed that infidelity ported Metroid 1 to SNES with QOL changes??
Have any of you tried it? Maybe I’ll actually beat it this way
Put a couple hours in and yeah, simply bleugh.
The motorcycle doesn’t let you on until you earn your drivers license by destroying x enemies on a closed track
actually kind of loving how awful this turned out to be
I wanna play this trainwreck so bad. It’s a pity I’ll probably have to wait for Christmas.
Like, I know I was expecting this to be Skyward Sword levels of ill-conceived, but I’m still struggling to believe the reports I’m hearing about the game from friends and others. I gotta see it for myself.
My outside assessment as someone who hasn’t played it is that Metroid Prime 4 is just mid.
There really aren’t that many people talking about how bad it is, and there also aren’t really very many people talking about how good it is either.
Or talking about it at all, really. Maybe it’s because Metroid really doesn’t sell well.
every post itt especially since the game’s release make me want to buy this game so much.
I’ll buy the switch 1 version for 3000 yen.
I expect it to hit that price used by late February.
Maybe even that price new by late March, because I doubt the Switch 1 version is selling well.
The desert is like an early 3D Zelda game. The bike gets you around like Epona and everything has to be done in a strict order with even optional upgrades locked behind other equipment. Then you go through about three masked loading times to warp into an area. It reduces environments into Fire Dungeon, Ice Dungeon, rather than connected ecosystems of a planet. Also makes backtracking 3x as long.
Take away some of that “Nintendo magic” (most of the game is competently made! And people have been frothing for a new Prime for almost 20yrs) and it’s such an obvious step down that I suspect Prime 4 will be forgotten in time, like Samus Returns
i’ve been wondering what could possibly motivate the desert, especially with how featureless it is
unrelated: jak 3, a 21 year old game
Featureless deserts are kinda a gaming turn on for me so maybe I should check this out.
Ratchet and Clank 2, a 22 year old game.
No More Heroes 3 also had a featureless desert you navigate on your giant bike. It’s certainly a mood but maybe not a Metroid mood.
i remember the desolation of guild wars’s desert having some intriguing effect on me, but it’s a big pacing dip fairly deep into the game so it could have been stockholm syndrome making me try to find the stimulation in what i’ve got
(i may have had a similar reaction to bloodborne’s chalice dungeons)
The king of pointlessly large featureless deserts
Nobody likes Metroid. Everyone loves desert. Secret of Evermore desert. That’s a good one.




