metroid quarantine thread

I take it back, I’m fine that Nintendo seemingly has no interest in ever doing another F-Zero or Star Fox ever again

9 Likes

Realize MP4 has the same horrible color scheme as Bayonetta 3. Of very dull greys and whites and that eye piercing purple.

Luckily everyone liked Bayonetta 3 and thought it treated the characters really well!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Bayonetta 3 was the only game I ever tried to get Nintendo to refund an hour in like it was a Steam game and to my surprise after I told the live chat person I found it “offensive” they were like yeah fair enough

15 Likes

okay yeah the hack still owns

3 Likes

now that this is the case I can FINALLY play Metroid due to Australians only care about the underdog (no not home of the underdogs, thats a abandonware site I mean … oh wait )

i can’t tell whether this is an anti-skip post but if so i support it

uh so yeah… no yeah jsut go ahead and support that. that it. yeah its an anti-skip post! ok not so much anti as affectionately critical of. hey look I still like Jebediah from triple j. I met Rosso at there in pre-Year 7. Ook yeah im gonna start saving up for an actual NES. But yeah white australia - ok look so one of the the only two indigenous kids at my school from my time there ended up working for RIOT games. YUP. As in went to America.

2 Likes

Where was this game in the trailers?

4 Likes

Nintendo thought the bike is more interesting I guess.

honestly? can’t say i blame them

one thing i appreciated about successive titles is that they started you off with more of your abilities (ball in 2, double jump, charge beam, bombs in 3) so it felt a little less like going through the motions.

i’m guessing after all this time a reboot is in order, though hopefully they’ve kept the wii ballhop

1 Like

Wow, I’ve got to admit some of that environmental design is pretty cool looking. My expectations have been (and largely still are) rock bottom, but I actually would really like to play an actually good Metroid Prime game.

EDIT: On the other hand, this NPC stuff continues to be pure death:

5 Likes

one of the reviews I read this morning compared this fairly convincingly to a wilderness years pre-BotW Zelda except with a different aesthetic. that seems pretty damning and on the money

8 Likes

called it back in march

14 Likes

Knowing the extremely specific ways my tastes differ from snd conform with the forum at large, it’s literally impossible for me to guess if I’ll like this.

5 Likes

having a huge desert hub seems like a real cop-out

10 Likes

yeah caves and tunnels is what the game’s about…

Metro! It’s what the name was about! “A type of thing that lives in tunnels,” a metroid!

9 Likes

IGN gave it an 8 and I think that is probably pretty accurate. Seems to be Prime 1 with a tacked on open world vehicle bit and the occasional temporary talking companion.