methods of input (Part 1)

wow i love this

1 Like

dang i want one, this looks comfy as hell

6 Likes

Cyberpunk 2077

4 Likes

what is that weird split controller for?

Fighting games, as a variant on a hitbox, I assume.

1 Like

Kids are doing this thing where they’ll pair up, one will have both sets of 6 and 4 arcade buttons, the other will have two joysticks. The aim is to play both Street Fighter and KoF simultaneously with one person handling all directionals, and the other handling the buttons. It’s cool.

4 Likes

1 Like

22 Likes

Retro-Bit’s USB Saturn and Genesis controllers are $5 off on Amazon through July 8 (as are their blasphemous two-pronged N64 pads, for those of you who are monsters).

9 Likes

im very proud monster

5 Likes

8 Likes

I had a third-party N64 controller that had the central prong and nothing else

3 Likes

Strange. Was it intended for dual analog mode in the Rare FPSes?

That stingray shaped Superpad 64 thing?

Yup! That’s the one.

It could function pretty well for that purpose but I’m thinking they just figured an N64 controller minus two handles would be a visual novelty. I never really missed them, the controller was beefy enough that your off hand had plenty to grip.

1 Like
11 Likes

are the retro bit saturn pads any good? ive always heard iffy things about them but i adore the saturn pad and apparently it works with switch via mayflash. or should i just get one of the 8bitdo pads and not even fuck around?

it does. it’s a saturn pad. the shoulder buttons don’t quite feel as clicky, but that’s the only difference, with one caveat. my dpad broke, like every cheap saturn knock off pad’s dpad breaks. but this one apparently broke as a result of retrobit messing up and accidentally using some shittier dpad actuator on some of their early preorder stock. I had to figure this out on reddit, but once I did figure it out they replaced my controller without any complaints. will it last this time? I hope so. if they aren’t making up that story, it should.

the 8bitdo m30 is extremely good

1 Like