methods of input (Part 1)

@lonelyfrontier 's broke and they did not get it replaced.

yeah, retrobit never responded to my emails. i ended up biting the bullet and buying a new one, which should be here next week, and hopefully won’t have a d-pad that falls apart after three weeks. if it does, then i’ll let everyone know not to buy from them.

1 Like

found these two bad boyas on ebay for a decent price

good for wii emus and gameboy players (basically a classic controller with gamecube adapter rolled into one, even has rumble! (there are actually gba games that have rumble functions in a gbp, and not just drill dozer (altho drilldooza is reason enough amirite)))

good for mapping digipad/buttons to analogs in ps1/ps2 fromsoft games (take that eternal ring! (actually the ps4 port got an update and supports the analog sticks too now) also I know that this is not the true way to play but it sure feels nicer to my aging brain (I just can’t do the conversion in time when I’m getting fuggard up in Armored Core 2 Another Age))

3 Likes

1 Like

7 Likes

ahh, phantasy star online

1 Like

18 Likes

in a better world our technology is saturated with delightful sakuga style mechanical flourishes that are extremely impractical but so irresistibly attractive manufacturers and consumers can not help themselves and nielson and norman are jeered off the playground for the nerds they are

5 Likes

an admirable bit of kit, but, uhhh, they’re really counting on some hard nostalgia with that price, aren’t they

We were talking about those in the axe a while back.
If you type ‘gameboy pi’ into an auction site you can find cheaper versions.
I think the 6 face button versions look neat.

1 Like

lol i love how overpriced everything like this is

It is unconscionable for that to be as expensive as it is without at least some hardware-level repro.

even on aliexpress, these things are like ÂŁ200+

well how many hours did it take to finish? we can break it down as an hourly wage and judge on that

or lets not cuz somone made a thing and can charge whatever… there’s tons of 140 dollar custom gameboys on etsy that you can get instead.
people buy custom shoes for more than 200 dollars its not weird to charge a lot for rare stuff

or go on alibaba and get one of these bad boys

2 Likes

bespoke dress shoes can easily top 3k depending on the workshop yeah
couple hundred for a lick of paint on a pair of af1s or summat isn’t beyond reason

1 Like

Tragic they didn’t put it in a Gameboy Micro case, though.

2 Likes

i do love my micro, wish the faceplates took off

8 Likes

i remember looking at your micro bc i had never actually run into on before and being like “wow the screen is so small” until i remembered what my fat DS looked like lol

1 Like

I love my Micro, though I wish it also played GB/C games (which would be unwieldy, but still). I love how it feels and how its screen being so tiny always seems like it’s going to be a problem but it absolutely isn’t.

This thread is making me want to put a Raspberry Pi in a modified GBA SP shell with a tiny HD screen and this is a perversion I really didn’t need.

2 Likes