methods of input (Part 2)

• Just remembered, the Sculpt’s USB dongle was preventing Windows from staying asleep until I went into Device Manager or whatever and I think it was unchecked “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” on like six or so HID things it creates. Sheesh.
  • Mouse started annoying my hand/elbow so much I swapped my old compact keyboard’s touchpad (it’s an Arteck bluetooth keyboard https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SK8D38P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - fairly inexpensive, touchpad is in the right place and I like its physical buttons, it is pretty horribly inaccurate though : P) in in place of it, so I now have a second keyboard just to the left of the Sculpt, just so I can use its touchpad. Sheesh. Have ordered a Perixx wired lefty vertical mouse, we’ll see if that’s any better. If not…may have to order an Apple Magic 2 trackpad some day if I’m feeling wealthy, I dunno. Sheesh.
  • Ordered Sanwa wrist rest @doolittle recommended in the ergo thread ergo shit (doolittle thread) - #8 by doolittle . Had despaired of finding a decent one after flailing through Amazon reviews of the ones that came up via their search feature.

Update: Perixx v mouse immediately started killing my shoulder, am returning. Going to try a much more expensive, more vertical v mouse; if that doesn’t work, will probably give up on the v mouse scheme. Don’t think I’ll bother trying Apple trackpad because going back to old one was bringing back shoulder pains. Situation has improved since I found seat was lower than I’d thought, and raised it. Sanwa wrist rest is like ultra-dense black liquid solid jelly. Amazing. May not actually have a use for it but I love it anyway.

Update: More expensive vertical mouse (Evoluent) also immediately starts stressing out same muscle right behind shoulder blade. And the motion is bad with their drivers. Just gotta be careful with normal mouse I guess, have my seat at the right height and don’t slouch, and alternate sides every week or so probably, too.

1 Like