Mann

this episode of robbery homicide division (hanna: the series) is a dry run for the miami vice movie like la takedown is to heat

4 Likes

The saga of Le Roux has a similar sweep. He was the head of an array of ruthless transnational criminal enterprises. Linked to Iran, North Korea and terrorist groups, Le Roux has been described as one of the most dangerous transnational criminals of the 21st century.

Shannon has spent four years immersed in Le Roux’s shadowy world to gather the story, which tells how Le Roux reorganized transnational hard drug production and distribution, the arms trade, military hi-tech, murder for hire, mercenary operations and more with 21st century modalities. It is also a chronicle of the manhunt for Le Roux across six continents by an elite team of investigators from the 960 Group, a secretive element within the agency’s Special Operations Division. He was captured and charged with multiple murders.

Le Roux emerged from the shadows last week to detail the breadth of his criminal exploits when he testified for the prosecution in Manhattan Federal District Court in the murder trials of Joseph Hunter — a former US Army sniper and instructor turned assassin for Le Roux — and two other alleged gunmen, Adam Samia and Carl David Stillwell. They were charged with the 2012 gunshot murder of Filipino real estate agent Catherine Lee, whom Le Roux said he had killed because he believed she had stolen from him.

Mann has been quietly been following Le Roux and the manhunt while Shannon researched and wrote the book — he attended the recent court hearings in New York — and this is a story he is passionate about telling on screen.

“Elaine Shannon’s book,” Mann said, “took me into the actual people and places, the language and attitudes as powerfully as great fiction. Deeply and vividly, it illuminates the mind of LeRoux and the dark frontier of transnational crime.”

1 Like

michael mann told jon bernthal he couldn’t act when he tried to audition for public enemies and christian bale dropped out of michael mann’s ferrari movie cause he said he didn’t want to do the gaining and losing a bunch of weight thing anymore even though he immediately did some thing where put on a bunch of weight to play dick cheney and now christian bale and jon bernthal are doing james mangold’s ferrari movie

I thought Bernthal was a pretty good Punisher but Punisher is like the definition of a one-note character

me whenever google tells me someone in malaysia is trying to log into the email I use on phones: piss off and die ghostman

3 Likes

3 Likes

like heat, they also haven’t released the 4K master of robocop on actual 4K media yet which is annoying as they already did that work

iTunes briefly had a 4K source file available but they took it down? reportedly because it was a 1080p upscale like a bunch of stuff on iTunes and someone was unhappy with them distributing heat that way – which, good, but

at least alien is coming in April

I’m still burning for the 4K Wim Wenders Until the End of the World

all I want is for physical media to last long enough for mann’s filmography and twin peaks to get uhd releases

2 Likes

5 Likes
2 Likes

Just make something michael, please. The clock is running out

5 Likes

it’s hard when you make one of the biggest box office disasters in the history of motion pictures and you’re in your seventies and you specialize in mid-budget shit nobody makes anymore (that you mostly got to make because stars wanted to work with you + they played forever on television)

I mean

Miami Vice cost a fortune but that is just one of its many mysteries (also it didn’t make its money back)

5 Likes

can’t wait for “HEAT 2: BACK IN HEAT”

2 Likes

based on the tagline they definitely printed the box before the box-office receipts came back

7 Likes

I wonder if you could make a …30 minute cut of this movie that played like a long music video and came out satisfying, and preserve every single shadows over backlit fog shot

RELEASE THE 210 MINUTE ASSEMBLY CUT COWARDS

4 Likes