magnets, how do they work (please talk to me about the magnetic fields)

do you like the magnetic fields? what’s your favorite song by the magnetic fields (side projects are fair game)

i think this one is my favorite but i’m not sure

2 Likes

always makes me cry

2 Likes

Have you listened to The 6ths? It’s a “band” (more like a side project) formed by the Magnetic Fields guy but featuring guest artists singing his songs. My favorite is Pillow Fight featuring the vocalist from Let’s Active/REM’s original producer.

2 Likes

obv

4 Likes

If I could line dance, I would do it to this song

3 Likes

A true Toups Brothers thread if ever there was one

2 Likes

i have!! i sing this one in the shower a lot

2 Likes

i really liked this band for a short period that actually makes it kind of hard for me to listen to them now, one of those things

somehow this erabegan with this cover of 100,000 fireflies at the tail end of a very different era

a lot of the good ones from 69 love songs have already been on here, but here’s another one i always liked

then there was the weird collision of my interests when he wrote three musicals adapted from chinese opera?

none of the later albums have really hooked me in the same way, but there are a few tracks that stand out

3 Likes

i like this cover

2 Likes

i’ve listened to i don’t believe you like 8 times today so thanks for making this thread i guess lol

1 Like

mif would you be okay with this moving to #inputtery:tune-fatman? i really like band threads that stick around heheh

1 Like

when stephin merritt cruised a guy off of jeopardy

my favorite songs are All My Little Words and Meaningless

4 Likes

The main thing I like(d) about this band is it’s one of the few where the main guy sings in my vocal range

3 Likes

i like this a lot about them too, i have to go an octave up usually but a lot of their songs fall comfortably in my range that way and i don’t have to strain much. it’s nice to have songs to sing along to even though i’m not much of a singer

obligatory magnetic fields songs

2 Likes

This is a big reason I like Johnny Cash

2 Likes