Magic Wand

Heya,

It’s been a while!! But I used to post games here so here ya go.

new game is “Magic Wand”: http://harmonyzone.org/MagicWand.html
based sorta on screenshots from the first final fantasy games, all the squat little cartoon guys in floppy hats wandering around a maze, wanted to make something that would be as fussy and dreamy as those images suggested. is shortish but hopefully well formed (30mins?). It’s another commercial game alas at €5 but what can you do… what can any of us do?
NOTE: you move the camera around with the mouse so it’s best played with an actual mouse rather than trackpad! just like hotline miami.
windows, mac, lin.
if anyone tries it i hope you enjoy !

14 Likes

thanks, bought it right away because the man’s giving me money

I’ll return from the other side, with

FEEDBACK

looks great! btw i didn’t know you posted on here, i’m a really big fan of SPACE FUNERAL

1 Like

God bless you.

I knew such lovely pictures

I have been waiting for a game that looked like this without really knowing

I could name everything these screenshots remind me of but no list would match looking at this game and seeing how perfectly it is itself

2 Likes

yeah dog this shit is gorgeous. my game has a similar art style, but you fucking kill it.

Thanks!! Combat Junior looks excellent also! There are a couple games I know about playing around with similar styles as well, like “Sorcerobe” which looks really cool: https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/sorcerobe . Everyone is kind of using it for different things though which is nice.

########

bxt, update to say there is also now an exciting video trailer with exciting, extremely bad compression issues, check it out V V V

edit: had not actually realised that the video itself also specifies that it is an exciting trailer.

5 Likes

very very swell musical accompaniment

barf… now on green light… barf http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847436149

itch.io price dropped as well to $4, but if anyone in the forum just feels like a copy then shoot me a dm!

6 Likes

This game looks so coool

1 Like

update:
now on sale for xmas and new year!! and with an extremely long ass essay thing available seperately as well, in the same vein as the 50 Short Games one.

$5 for full buncle incl MW, 50SG and the essay thing

well, what can you do.

12 Likes

gonna buy this on steam to give u the ducats :bbcool:

1 Like

I already bought this, but for reference sake, which outlet gets you the most profit percentage per purchse?

1 Like

(Itch let’s the developer specifiy how much they give to the site, so always go itch)

3 Likes

hahah cheers! and yes it’s always itch - currently using a 15% store cut but the tip jar function they have winds up paying even that back in the long run anyway.

magic wand itch purchases have a steam key attached too which turned out to be weirdly popular, sort of like being a key reseller for my own game

5 Likes

oh dang! wish i had known this. will do in future

FYI @thecatamites in Magic Notes all the notesx.jpg images don’t get shown on my compy because of not-Windows case-sensitivity. IIRC you link to Notesx.jpg but the actual files are notesx.JPG.

1 Like

thanks!! i’ve tried updating both the htmls now so hopefully they should work

Not quite, but thanks!

The file extensions are still in uppercase. Dunno if you can actually fix that in Windows in an easy way, so I guess it’s easiest to just change it in the HTML? Also note6 image+link is broken in the larger text version.

1 Like