Looking for game artist

I’ve been working on a remake of an older game of mine, Groin Gravitators. It includes a new story mode and primarily needs three kinds of art:

1. character art for the cutscenes
  2. background art for the cutscenes
  3. in-game art

The game itself is visually simple so the in-game art actually requires the least work. At the moment I’m looking to get the character art done for the cutscenes. I already had someone design the characters (they had to pull out of the project) so I just need them adapted to the game. Here are the character designs:

Though they would have to be less detailed in game as an aiming for the resolution of the Switch (and they can be adapted to a different artist’s style). They would need to have several different poses/faces depending on what was happening in the story, and a very simple (I’m thinking two/three frames) animation of them approaching for a hug.

I don’t necessarily need someone to do the all the art, I can find one person for character art, one for backgrounds, and one for the game.

Details about the game: it was popular back in the day and was featured at indiecade thanks to Ouya and Daphny haha. It’s about two men hugging and getting their crotches as close as possible without touching, and is a satire of masculinity based on a quote from Peter Molyneux, and my own experiences working around homophobic game journalists back in the day.

Here is a video of the original version:

This work is paid, though I’ll be upfront about this being a low budget project as it’s entirely self-funded, but I’m very open to negotiating whatever is deemed fair rate (I’m also pretty new to paying people for work, though having said that I’ve worked with artists before and can probably get them to vouch for me being good to work with if needed). Payment will be in Australian dollars but I can cover conversion fees and such.

Anyone here interested or know someone who would be? Would prefer someone who has done work for games before (especially Unity engine games, and doesn’t need to be professional work) and would like to see some work they have done already. I’m particular in what I’m looking for so don’t be offended if I think you’re style isn’t what I had in mind!

11 Likes