Like a News Thread 8: Infinite Welp

Who knows what theyre up to (whats he building in there) but if they hired me for billion dollars theyd quiet quit on all the current hardware stuff and enjoy the new evil tech tree theyve unlocked. Ask the serf studios what sort of OS/hardware level features they could do something novel with. Then trap sequels to the millions brands in it, minecraft 2, call of duty, elder scrolls, diablo etc.

4 Likes
2 Likes

how did ps5 win with 0 games…

6 Likes

The xbox still had less somehow.

5 Likes

Americans absolutely use too many words. From my TV understanding I blame it on classroom presentation culture.

6 Likes

finally, the stars have aligned and we can get perfect dark zero on the gamecube

10 Likes

As a pro writer, minimum word counts on school writing assignments encourage everyone to use about 5 extra words per sentence. Especially in “business” writing. It never goes away. I have such a hard time convincing people to keep things brief. SEO has made it worse.

25 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2_vA1voiwQ/

i just saw this on insta looks cool

5 Likes

Yeah, I regularly try to tell people that no one reads an email past the first sentence, and I have so much evidence for this.

7 Likes

if you need to tell someone more than one thing in an email i find bullet points help a lot, but yeah still not fool proof

9 Likes

sorry i don’t read past the first clause so all i understood about this post was that you agreed with something

10 Likes

the way i structure information in an complicated email is:

• a paragraph explaining the whys and whats of the thing
  • a bullet point list that goes over the whats a second time
  • a screenshot that shows the most important whats, if it makes sense
  • a paragraph summarizing the whats a third time in the shortest possible way, ending with a specific call to action of what i need before they reply

my emails are incredibly repetitive but they fucken work and people love them. also nobody cares about “why” something is true, they just want to know what they personally are supposed to be doing. i only put the why in there to build credibility as an expert, and on the off chance i’m talking to someone like myself who actually cares about cause and effect.

19 Likes

Half of my job is requesting that people sign and date documents and you’d be surprised how often they forget to date them. That one extra step is just too much.

8 Likes
5 Likes

microtransactions for new limbs to graft onto your sickly undeserving heir to stormveil castle

8 Likes

Dung Eater virtual pet

5 Likes

Or the blind lady or the beast guy.

Now these feel like marketable ideas.

if it’s literally just a shitload of cosmetics for sale, that’s probably the least worst outcome

no I already have a game for gambling on horses

2 Likes

i think “Life By You” looks more mechanically interesting but Paralives continues to look the most polished of the new crop of sims competitors

inzoi showed up a few months ago and it’s interesting to see a korean take on this kind of thing

3 Likes