Let's talk Coens and the Coens Extended Universe.

Bummed they skipped out on the hair, but then again in the comics, that look only works when it’s coming from Bill Sienkiewicz’s hands.

1 Like

that’s kind of a relief

their ladykillers remake is real good and i’d been a fool to listen to the internet

3 Likes

Wait what? It is??? Have I been mislead all these years… Maybe I will actually finally watch it

yeah. if i were into writing about movies i’d get into how it treats guns and how every nonblack character is a different facet of antiblackness and is made a clown for it

also it’s one of the few coen movies where the lead deserves every terrible thing that happens to them (also barton fink, inside llewynn davis)

3 Likes

the second time i watched it was a second after the first time

i watched The Big Lebowski at a party last week and we all got high and drank white Russians in accompaniment. idk how the hell i hadnt been at a party like that sooner. It fuckin ruled as you might expect

The theory I always liked about that movie is that Tom Hanks is literally supposed to be Satan in it, and that makes it just super entertaining as shit to watch for me, but now I am gonna watch it with this in mind and see how that works for me, because it seems pretty alright as a perspective on it.

Movie rules though, fuck the internet haters on that.

2 Likes

John Turturro plays Jesus Quintana in Going Places, a film about a trio of misfits whose irreverent, sexually charged dynamic evolves into a surprising love story as their spontaneous and flippant attitude towards the past or future backfires time and again, even as they inadvertently perform good deeds. When they make enemies with a gun-toting hairdresser, their journey becomes one of constant escape from the law, from society and from the hairdresser, all while the bonds of their outsider family strengthen.

Eight year olds, dude.

I don’t like this fargo show and it’s just the same shit every year. coen bros fan fiction about a gee wilikers deputy and karma bringing down dumbass criminals and a satan. I guess I keep watching cause I had a crush on the cop lady in season 1.

trying to occupy myself between twin peaks episodes here but nothing else amounts to a hair on the ass of the new twin peaks. I can’t do nothing anymore but wander around in a daze till david lynch gives me my medicine.

4 Likes

https://www.abqjournal.com/1025040

The New Mexico Film Office confirmed on Wednesday that the feature-length series of Westerns, “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs,” will film largely in the Santa Fe area.

The production is produced by Annapurna Pictures and the Oscar-winning Coen Brothers are directing.

“To have filmmakers with the distinction of the Coen Brothers return for a third time is a testament to the quality of our crews, our support services, our infrastructure, our communities and our significant work to let filmmakers know they’re welcome in New Mexico,” said Nick Maniatis, New Mexico Film Office director.

“The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” is a feature-length omnibus consisting of six separate stories, all Westerns.

The first of the six is about a singing cowboy and is the title story.

The second, “Near Algodones,” is about a high-plains drifter whose own fecklessness dogs his attempts at bank robbery and cattle driving.

The third, “Meal Ticket,” follows an actor and impresario of a traveling show.

The fourth, “All Gold Canyon,” is about a prospector who happily finds a gold seam but then unhappily finds an evil encroacher.

The fifth, “The Gal Who Got Rattled,” follows two trail bosses on the Oregon Trail and a woman on the wagon train who needs the help of one of them and who might be a marriage prospect for the other.

Lastly, “The Mortal Remains,” about the five very different passengers on a stagecoach of mysterious destination.

According the film office, principal photography will take place mid-July through the end of September.

1 Like

also the way every other “prestige” show uses music and montages is starting to really grate on me and has made me appreciate twin peaks absence of music even more

5 Likes

This is all I can do to bp a post twice

Fargo TV is better than anything Coens have done since original Fargo (OK Big Lebowski was after Fargo, that one)