Let's just talk about Star Wars forever (Part 1)

Rewatching the first TOS movie a few years back and man did it need some pacing work, but that is OK.

1 Like

The Motion Picture is you knowā€¦ a bit stolidly paced perhaps, but the production design is so immaculate.

3 Likes

Yeah, that is what makes up for it. It takes forever to get anywhere, but I canā€™t be that mad about it.

1 Like

major episode 9 spoilers below

so I had a dream that behind the scenes footage from this movie was just broadcast on live television as part of the news.

In it, Rey is dressed up in some kind of oversized foam suit with lots of jewelry, emerging from the ocean with a major entourage preparing to fight the knights of Ren in a scene very reminiscent of the end of Solo: A Star Wars Story

She is accompanied by a new ally, the Tazmanian Devil, who enters the fray in 2d animated Roger Rabbit style, but with a thick black outline around him for some reason. He speaks in classic Taz gibberish, but because this is a sophisticated cinematic universe like other star wars aliens all the characters understand him and the audience gets subtitles to read what he is saying. In the scene revealed his subtitles are written in exaggerated dialect, and the one line of dialogue I remember is ā€œI gonā€™ gets my tusslinā€™ onā€

please look forward to it

10 Likes
2 Likes

Jedi Creed feat. Forest Whitaker?? I had to laugh when I saw the Jedi Knight inspired 3D map only now with grfx

Okay so with the climbing puzzles and combat itā€™s more like Jedi of Persia.

Wonā€™t lie, it looks like a snooze fest. No new ideas whatsoever on display.

I think it looks good, prob. the best looking western 3d character action yet. Nice environments. I like how all the boys are kinda slow. Iā€™m down to play an expensive Star Wars beatemup, doesnā€™t seem too Spiderman-y. Wonder what the ratio between cinematic Uncharted set piece and free slashem action there is in the whole?

is any of this faked? will it be playable on the floor at e3?

every single youtube comment on that video is complaining about no flying meat giblets after slashing the bad guys.

I just said this in the E3 thread but

Star Wars games with lightsaber action need to be like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and just cut through everything.

This will forever be true.

Iā€™m halfway through this demo (I keep pausing it to complain about it) and thereā€™s stuff I donā€™t like but I respect the sense of scale they accomplish with their environments. Thatā€™s important to me and makes me want to play it.

for a second there i thought things were going to take a god of war glory kill turn when the spider bites his neck and this wholesome space cartoon murder was all a ruse for hi octane gib lust and protag swap

canā€™t wait to play as this white bread dish soap motherfucker and weightlessly chop through stormtroopers for five hours.

7 Likes

you had to enter a cheat for dismemberment in jedi outcast/academy

star wars fans always getting extremely worked up that their childrenā€™s entertainment is pitched at children

4 Likes

my reaction to this was the precise opposite, the first time the precocious young Jedi Lad just straight up gutted a storm trooper my first thought was ā€œGeorge Lucas was right to make robots the chief adversary in the prequels, when lightsabers are just normal weaponsā€

edit: Itā€™s also really weird to witness the ā€œforce powers invented basically for the sake of narrative expedience in a single scene are transformed into multi purpose video game abilitiesā€ thing happening in real time re: being able to freeze blaster beams in mid air

5 Likes

Kylo froze a blaster beam in Force Awakens.

repost

Looks bad. Will play

3 Likes

yeah thatā€™s what i was talkin about

for the eu scholars: has a jedi ever been driven insane from being too force sensitive? anakin doesnā€™t count

Yes.