LAN nostalgia (pizza van)

Starcraft 1

When my cousin and I were old enough to work, he worked for his Dad in an industrial park in the middle of nowhere in the suburbs of Vancouver. On the weekends we would play Starcraft with each other. It’s where I did my first zergling rush.

But I lied, this is not about the LAN party, it’s about the pizza. There was a new pizza delivery service. Revolutionary. You order the pizza, they prepare it somewhere: but the oven was the van they delivered it in. They had some kind of extremely not cancerous method of covering the pizza in foil, placing it on the engine block, and cooking it while they drove to your location.

I was zerging my cousin (definitely not a euphemism), when we noticed a panel van with no logo parked out front the industrial park office. Idling. It must be the pizza, we thought. It was, but it wasn’t done. The driver kept the van idling and got out every 5 minutes or so and lifted the hood to check on the pie. Finally he brought it to us.

It was lukewarm and the cheese was barely melted. But it was the best pizza I ever had (no it wasn’t) because of the Starcraft LAN party.

20 Likes

that ending stinger was great

1 Like

fucking, what

5 Likes

thank heavens

oh i seen this via internet fashion consumption pics and also via the place down the street that copied those pics a glass truck with a wood fired brick oven inside they really scooped this artisanal profit trend early huh

fuck, damn

well i won’t sit here and lie and tell you i wasn’t hoping for more but i don’t regret clicking

3 Likes

Our exact same reaction to the pizza

7 Likes

Humanity never ceases to amaze me! Sounds like a good time

1 Like