La vie en vert (GAME BOY thread)

I love this game.

After confronting the early big bad, I learn that my priestess friend has been poisoned Fantastic Voyage-like. That sends me on a trek to the giant’s world and there is a beautiful nugget of a story here. There are no more giant’s to be seen even though their houses remain. It’s because they have all shrunk themselves to human size.

After entering some rather large buildings, I left with a potion that would make me small.

The dungeon map is mostly shaped like a human body. The paths fork off at the arms and again at the fingertips. I encounter enemies like worms and grippe. Ki is not doing well.

I want to make it a bit further before the end of the month, but I don’t think now is the right time for me to go through it all. The encounter rate is pretty high. It’s not that bad because the game let’s me run away more often than not and my party members don’t have limited lives or need to be resurrected like they did in the last game. It’s just that I think this game is meant to be played in stolen moments or during vacation. I really ought to just get the Switch collection because the design demands to be played in one’s hands.

11 Likes