Kirby opinion

Thus far my ranking of the Kirby games I’ve played is as follows:

• Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Kirby’s Canvas Curse
  • Kirby Mass Attack
  • Kirby’s Dream Land
4 Likes

Kirby Super Star is still just the best.
If you haven’t played it, Super Star is worth going back to. Just a nonstop package of great gaming. Clean Colorful. Fun. Plus great co-op.

6 Likes

Looks like I can play it via Switch online which is awfully convenient so I’ll check it out

4 Likes

I concur, Super Star is a fantastic game. I love its structure, where it’s composed of a collection of various smaller Kirby games along different themes. It’s not, like, a minigame collection (though it has a few minigames), it’s like an anthology package where every included game is brand new. Sort of has a little bit of 90’s CD-ROM energy in a fun way.

It also has much more well-considered co-op than The Forgotten Land. Player 2 can absorb powers! It’s too bad they didn’t carry that system forward.

8 Likes

oh yeah i never put that together, good call

2 Likes

this is so very arrestingly dope as fuck

just discovered my niece and neph are entirely hooked on the new kirbgame so i’m sending their dad this youtube

6 Likes

Am deep into this kirby after overeldening my ring and just want to note that the powered up sleep ability, which busts out a bed in-game for Kirby to nap on for a double lifebar, has a pleasant gentle HD rumble to accompany Kirby’s snoring.

6 Likes

evil quiz

2 Likes

One of them’s literally a name in both

2 Likes
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Kirby’s Canvas Curse
  • Kirby Mass Attack
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • Kirby’s Dream Land

A lil’ update to Mikey’s Kirby Ranking

6 Likes

My son has been playing this a lot and it is probably the perfect game for this particular 6 year old. He plays on “Wild Mode” and had me beat a boss for him but besides that is kinda killing it. He fights in that coliseum to get the upgrade items a lot, and he understands the phases of Meta Knight’s attacks really well. I did not realize I should not just Get As Many Hits As I Can in vidcons until i was like, 40??? (I’m not yet 40 but I hope I will learn). He is beginning to read pretty well now and he likes to get the hints on where items are from that Brainy Waddle Dee or whatever he’s called and go find them. I played the demo and thought it was way too easy, but the game gets increasingly harder in every world. It’s not grueling but I am a grownup and I actually have to try or we lose against the bosses. It’s very cool. We have played most of the older 2D Kirby games emulated and they’re cakewalks and always just disappointing compared to Superstar which is just such a spectacular experience. Every other Kirby game seems not just worse but so shrunken. I know they aren’t huge budget (and maybe Superstar was?) but they always seem so spare and limited where Superstar was excessive.

This game has 10 powers or something, and yeah they have upgrades, but in Superstar there’s like 20 and your partner can get any of them too! And when you make them they’re AI controlled but immediately respond to 2P button input and revert to AI when ignored, Tails styel… and they actually get to play as the baddie (so like, for Plasma you can actually float around as a wisp, if you’re wheel then Kirby can ride on you, etc.) instead of just like, another color tinted Kirby or Waddle Dee. This game just has bandana waddle dee which is pathetic imo. Why the heck is he throwing spears? W/e I like him now but still.

11 Likes

i saw some video of this new one where the cutter power is JUST throwing chakrams and like yes that’s cool but there’s a reason the game they took Smash Bros Kirby’s cutter move from was the one where it had an actual moveset

4 Likes

kirby is too fuckin strong in the original smash brothers. like, he ain’t pikachu strong but he’s lame as fuck. in conclusion, kirby sucks (heh like a vacuum (cause that’s his power (naw fuck kirby tho)))

1 Like

Smash Bros is a Kirby game

8 Likes

i’m pretty sure every character in Smash 64 has some form of TOD combo because the hitstun and knockback are cray (hence why it’s still my favorite smash game)

2 Likes

kirby music

2 Likes