Ink Fox and Paper Tiger: Tigress does a podcast about webcomics

Hey! Because I needed more obligations in my life I’m doing a podcast about webcomics with my friend Jade, the gal who did my avatar and made a few webcomics of her own, El Indon and Ask the Werewolves.

Webcomics were a really important thing to both of us when we were younger, both of us wanted to make them, one of us actually did.

The medium was, as much as it’s faded away, incredibly important to the modern media landscape. It is also is a world of professionals and amateurs experimenting with a medium along side the development of the modern internet.

And also I don’t know about one else doing this, and if they are, not in the way we will. We’re both art school majors, and we both like coming at stuff with a critical eye rather than a fandom focused one. We’re also both furries, and webcomics and furries are bound together inextricably.

This is the first episode, it’s about a comic I had never read before about a single possum mom in a surreal incredibly detailed fantasy world. It’s heavily inspired by shonen action manga but not in the way you might think.

(We will be up on apple podcasts later today we’re still working out the kinks, you can subscribe to the RSS from the link though)

I hope you enjoy listening, and let me know what you think :blue_heart:

18 Likes

You’ve definitely got an open field here since all the other webcomic podcasts pretty much died. ^ _^ I listened to your section on history of webcomics / your own histories with webcomics with interest.

im so into this idea omg i will listen along :slight_smile:

how much do i have to bribe yall to do an Ozy & Millie episode

1 Like

While I’m making no promises that would be something we would be very likely to do in the future. But we’re kinda going by our vibe in the moment.

1 Like

One more little bump because Jade uploaded the YouTube version which has cute little animations, even.

4 Likes

And a month later, we come to you with Part II of Poppy O’possum. And we get really sad because it seems to be over just when the creator seems to have found their stride.

In Audio File

And YouTube video forms

Next up: The closest we will ever get to Homestuck…Problem Sleuth!

2 Likes

i gave my mom a fursona named Polly O’Possum (because her name is Polly and she loves opossums) without consciously knowing a damn thing about this comic & now i clearly have to read it

waiting for the Digger episode. i promise i wont keep doing a “hehe how about i not very subtly recommend this” thing i just… want to hear more podcasting made by furries about webcomics i was obsessed with in my teens ok it’s a niche market

1 Like

New episode dropped! Problem Sleuth

In YouTube:

And podcast classic flavors:

Jade and I grapple with Homestuck Episode Zero and the fact that it’s got a lot of really cool stuff going on even if the second half is kind of running a joke into the ground.

1 Like

NEW EPISODE: T.H.E. Fox

Yeah, it’s the first webcomic. Well, second but the first is missing. This was on fucking quantum link, the Commodore 64 proto internet service from the 80s. It’s…sure a comic designed for Commodore 64.

1 Like