Illustration of game

Dutch ad for CBS Electronics’ Donkey Kong (Atari 2600, 1983)

Source: https://twitter.com/JohnAndersen21/status/929586509883297792/photo/2

5 Likes

majora’s mask promo ad

13 Likes

7 Likes

EU arcade flyer for Saturday Night Slam Masters (Capcom, 1993); illustration by Tetsuo Hara (Fist of the North Star)

GamePro issue 65 (Dec 1994) ad for Saturday Night Slam Masters, Genesis version; illustration of Jumbo Flapjack by Tetsuo Hara

4 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

how does one game have so much amazing art?

14 Likes

Screenshot_20230214_155342_Samsung Internet

11 Likes

From the SNES TMNT: Tournament Fighters–sorry for the size disparity. This game and its counterparts still feel wild. I want to know everything about the decision-making process behind all three games.

Armaggon

Asuka

Chrome Dome

Cyber Shredder

Donatello

Leonardo

Michelangelo

Raphael

War

Wingnut

15 Likes

Can legit remember these scans in a 90’s gaming magazine and being convinced to buy it at the time (but never did)

No regrets

4 Likes

these are so dope

1 Like

These have appeared separately on SB in different incarnations

but the side-by-side is illuminating too

Double Dragon II: The Revenge promotional art by manga artist Kazumi Kakizaki vs US Amiga box art.

6 Likes

Kazumi Kakizaki flyer for Double Dragon (Game Boy)

3 Likes

for some reason, that amiga double dragon ii art looks like the front cover of a sticker album to me

3 Likes

Ms. Pac-Man arcade flyer (Midway, 1982)

1 Like

Flyer for Donald Land (Data East, FC, 1988)

2 Likes
11 Likes

Butch Guice–now there’s a name I didn’t expect to see! He was a DC comics mainstay during the nineties and early aughts, and I mostly remember him as the second artist of Birds of Prey after Greg Land, and also the penciller for Action Comics #700. A real solid artist.

1 Like

Yeah! He also did a bunch of Marvel stuff in the 80’s, often credited as Jackson Guice.

6 Likes