if lux could kill hyperzine

figured i could start with a little movie player that maybe differentiates between still and motion images, as something portable. i couldn’t tell you why. i’ve been asked why, i had no answer. i’m into the format and the pun. i have no idea how to do this. i know filesystems and some (a little) html. i will never touch javascript. i’m working through a book on openframeworks that’s a little too handholdy but holy shit ofx is kind of great (and can compile to asm.js, lol) so i’mma ride this out.

inspiration:

etc

also the format of my trash aesthetic blog which so far frustrates me re: video (also o god the new videos posing as gifs on all the social media networks are infuriating).

i dunno, seems like a fun thing to do.

2 Likes

They are my enemy.

they are the worst thing to happen to images on the internet

Yeah, I think I hate them even more than places trying to disable save-image-as-ing.

Are you making a video player for your site/web, or for desktops and stuff? Are you still using Haiku?

i’m thinking more desktop, but i wasn’t too upset to find compiling for the web isn’t out of the question.

i’m always a little embarrassed about how much i wanna gush about haiku, it’s wonderful. i’m programming this thing in osx because i’m still too new to not get deflated if things don’t work properly and i’ve not seen ofx compiled in haiku yet. i really don’t know shit about that, haha. but soon~