₩н нøƱ$э Music △△△

Throw them slowed down Britney tracks in the trash and get down to this

3 Likes

whither house’t

This sounds like exactly the sort of thing I’d play in early 1990s AD&D campaigns. Failing this, it was mostly tracker music.

https://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_player&query=41667

4 Likes

Starting to think it would be neat if a bunch of people here lived in upstate NY and could maybe meet for occasional D&D sessions.

AS IT IS at least I’m living in a safe place at the moment, so hey whatever.

1 Like

Did a bunch of recent posts just magically vanish? There were three threads that seemed to have new things in them, then there was a flash and the notifications were gone. I was in the politics thread and the most recent post vanished before I could read it, and I just thought, okay, they thought better and deleted it. But then there were a couple other things that disappeared at the exact same time.

Really enjoying this track

2 Likes

not to derail this whole thread but i feel like witch house and dungeon synth occupy the same place in my heart. corrupted temple of moss is one of my faves, but i don’t think they’ve made anything new since this:

I’d had this Slow Magic album in my Bandcamp wish list for who knows how long but I actually listened to it today and it includes some good songs.

1 Like

i will often maintain that her side of the Darkbloom EP is still untouchable but even that contains signs of her decline in that the other side is some unshaven white guy trying to do future funk

2 Likes

also it seems so quaint in this day that using word characters should render your music unsearchable. surely you should just name your band like MTA or eggs or smth

2 Likes

Maybe a different ISO format?

im glad i got to see her live around this time. but yeah, all downhill from there

d’eon is a nice dude, he loves shin megami tensei and we chat on twitter sometimes

2 Likes

that split dropped around the time I saw her live in a basement in chicago and yelled “GRIMES GOOGLE TIME CUBE” at her which might explain a lot about what happened. i still think vanessa is a good song.

4 Likes

gimme a heads up if he joins the forum so i can edit my post

1 Like

I first heard of Grimes when Twitter went in a snit about Long Musk. I wondered if that was the singer from that one Peter Capaldi episode of Doctor Who, and then remembered that her name was Foxes. Later I watched Hilda and saw that Grimes had done the title music. It was… ethereal in a genial way that I’d expect from a silicon valley commercial.

grimy ▲ fox ▲ musk

1 Like

Grimes is a psyop for the petit-bourgeois art student aesthetic, manic pixie girl cooked up by some faceless sweaty pervert CIA spooks in a smoky room to titillate the working man who fancies himself an intellectual by honing his queer aesthetic sensbilities. I saw a proud Leninist shed tears over this girl. She has reduced men to rubble. This has always been the goal of Capital.

10 Likes

not strictly witch haus i guess but kind of related/a precursor?

i just love how it goes w/ the lost in new york clips

this got a lot of plug.dj and turntable.fm play back in the day

sorry about the grimes, i was a mark for that shit back then too

5 Likes
6 Likes