i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

i’m tempted to get this on PC cause it looks lush, but i am pretty happy playing this thing once a week in front of my television and i’m not really keen to hook my PC up to my television. better not to spoil myself i reckon

if there’s ever some sort of cross-platform situation going on though i’d seriously consider

yeah i was debating it and ended up caving, mostly for pvp in some kind of naive hope it isn’t going to be super barebones forever

a bit daunting having to level up and get all of the good guns again but hey there’s only like half a dozen of them

is there some secret to getting antipope-d to drop? i have sharded a million of each gunsmith weapon but this stupid thing never shows up ;_;

nah but there’s a blue that’s basically the same called ‘sondok-c’

Yeah, if I had a better vid card, I would probably do it all again on the PC. At least now I would know what to not get rid of in the grind (Protip (though I will spoil it for the PC crowd if they don’t want to know) save the blue scout rifles and never get rid of Uriel’s Gift ). I do wonder how long the PC community will stick with this game, or even if there will be much of one to begin with. I feel like the kind of closed environment that Bungie maintains is not going to go well with the PC community, and the way this game felt to control on a MKB setup was offputting (I know, you can still use a controller on a PC, but I also know the PC FPS players tend to be a little anti-controller). If it is still around in a bit, maybe when one of the DESTINY COLLECTIONS innevitably gets released later on for PC, I will pick it up.

I liked the controls just fine and I play a lot of FPSs, so I don’t think that’s going to be a problem!

this and the shock people are going to get when they see how barebones (even by console fps standards) the pvp is should be a concern for them

Oh, I didn’t mean here as much as in the PC crowd in general. I just was nowhere near as smooth in doing things on the PC version, but that could be due to three years of playing the console version at this point, so my mind just thinks certain fingers should to certain things.

Yeah, that is going to be a Problem for them. PC gaming seems to focus much more on PvP stuff in general (compared to co-op), so Destiny being pretty basic as hell on PvP is not gonna go well. I still have no idea why private matches or at least match-type specific playlists aren’t already in the console version. Those seem like things that should have been there at launch.

i really feel like this game will be dead in a week on pc, there’s no mercy there

naaah, really? I don’t think this is a Titanfall 2 situation, where the PC version died much faster than the console version. But I’m pretty curious how it will do… Not being on steam is probably not doing it a favor.

The later release on PC means a much better distribution of raid opening, faction rally, Iron Banner etc until the first DLC comes out in early(?) December, fwiw
I’m also curious about the reception, the barebones approach to PvP is still baffling, as is the Strike playlist. Can’t really see it going down well with people that aren’t prepared to play the sort of mess Destiny was and is

For the PC first-timers:

2 Likes

I can kinda see why they dropped the Heroic strike playlist. Loot drops in Standard/Heroic playlists in D1 had different light level caps in place. In D2, all blues and purples (aside from those in the Powerful Loot milestone packages) drop at Whatever Your Current Loot Drop Level is, so there would be no point in running a Heroic playlist unless they tuned down how much loot you get in the standard playlist or offered significantly better loot in the heroic playlist. But they can’t offer significantly better loot drops, because the gap between “strike loot drops are relevant” and “strike loot drops are irrelevant” is over in a couple hours, and then you’re competing with Powerful Loot drops, which Bungie clearly wants to limit.

My only other thought is that if you have a Heroic playlist, you could just have Three of Coins buff on in the background permanently in that playlist, giving you a slightly slower way to grind for exotics, but one that’s less finicky than chasing heroic public events.

This isn’t really an excuse, but it does explain a lot of things about “missing features” that were added in Y2/Y3 Destiny: judging by public statements that were made about the timetable for developing D2, it’s pretty clear that the snapshot that was used as a base for D2 was taken a couple months before or after the release of The Taken King. My understanding is that merging in changes to the “sandbox” (weapon balance, physics, subclass nerfs, etc…) could be done rather easily, whereas user-facing features and interface niceties were not, due to how much deviation there had been in those areas throughout TTK and RoI.

At the same time, there’s no way the Crucible dev team doesn’t have some semblance of private matches for their own internal testing, but as usual with code related stuff, it’s probably wrong to assume that it could easily be repurposed into something user-facing.

1 Like

the amount of backlash this game is beginning to dreg up is nearly hyperbolic.

like to the point that anyone on youtube with something positive to say about this game is “in bungie’s pocket”, it’s like it’s even cooler to hate on destiny than it was before

like there’s a lot of things about d2 base that are puzzling to me: i’m still bummed about the direction they took weapon types/slots, the quest system completely regressed, 4v4 pvp 24/7 in all modes is dull, adventures are neat and lost sectors are kinda cool but your character outpaces the need for them so quickly, power fantasy in pve took a huge hit, what the heck happened to strike modifiers, shaders, etc.

but what the hell is going on, what the hell is with these hordes of people declaring this game to be “trash” (meanwhile janky shit like MAH PUBGEEH is lauded). in the year 2000, if i didn’t like a game, i traded it and played another one. in the year 2017, hating video games is literally a full-time job for some people (see: every youtube video that keeps popping up in my suggestions saying “destiny 2 is dead” “i’m done with destiny 2.” “WOW bungie”).

can we have another games industry crash so these babies will have to go to the library and read a book or something?

3 Likes

When Destiny came out, despite giving it a 6/10, Polygon would pump double digits of Destiny-related posts every week, and eventually had to address it with a post that was basically “we don’t really like this game but you nutso people keep clicking on it and viewing our ads so what else are we supposed to do”

I’m guessing that is what’s going on.

We’re also seeing two separate audiences shitting on the game at once this time: both Destiny YouTubers (who make their living playing this game, and this game is unarguably worse if you want to play it as a job), and variety YouTubers (who make videos about whatever will get the most clicks).

I thought this entire forum was about embracing underappreciated jank

I dunno, I think it totally makes sense on paper why PUBG took off the way it is. It’s a buggy mess and most people play it with settings that make it look like a bad Simple 2000 game, but the core idea is one that is very resonant with a lot of people, and I think PlayerUnknown deserves kudos for finding that and going with it

I still don’t want to play it though, but I don’t understand what makes you so upset about it besides the general bro attitude around it (which I can understand)

in fairness to plunkbat it is basically a good version of a lot of really popular terrible games

nah, that’s basically it. i’m pretty shallow!

i also feel like there are just so many better things that deserve popularity, but i also love hating popular things.

also with the current political and social climate of america it just sort of bugs me that there’s this popular game where you ruthlessly kill strangers on this island full of abandoned towns where there’s just weapons lying around and no context. like real life already gives me enough anxiety about shit like this happening (not the battle royale thing but stuff like las vegas), i don’t really need or want a game about murdering people for the heck of it, and i’m mad that people love it so much.

again, i’m a shallow fuck.

rye I missed you, hope to see more of you around here ;_;

2 Likes

underrated jank with heart, though!

maybe that’s what bugs me about pubg, nothing about it seems earnest in the way any given simple 2000 title is. it just feels really humorless and stressful to me.

2 Likes