i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

FTFY

1 Like

When I bought D1 (right after taken king launch), I assumed I would never raid due to the time commitment required. And that was true for like four months, during which it was just a nice way to kill a few hours in an evening. The guns feel great and I like the aesthetic, so I would just put a podcast on and run strikes or whatever. I was eventually tempted enough by the promise of raid gear to try it, but the handful of times I ran kingā€™s fall were a mixed bag due to not having a consistent group.

Doing wrath of the machine blind right when it launched was a totally different experience, and one of the most fun things Iā€™ve done in a video-game. Like, just opening the door to the raid felt like this big cool achievement. I lucked out and got a friendly group, but a huge part of it was just the way that raid is set up. Getting sherpaā€™d through the prior raids, or reading a guide, kinda sucked, because it always felt to me like I was just trying to hang on and not fuck things up for the rest of the group. Like, people get mad at you for using the wrong gun and itā€™s not fun. Having the key to raid success being ā€œuse 1kys instead of weyloranā€™s marchā€ or something is counter-intuitive and boring. WOTM is different, imo, in that the dps phases for bosses are more forgiving, so thereā€™s less need to min/max, and the mechanics of each encounter iterate in a way thatā€™s fairly easy to parse if youā€™re new. And, on top of that, it has moments unlike any of the others. Running to the clean rooms in the aksis fight is fun! Jumping off the war machine is fun! Doing totems in kings fall is extremely not fun. Itā€™s not coincidence that the most accessible raid is the most fun one, so I really hope what theyā€™ve learned carries over to D2 and more people get to try it.

Iā€™m sorry this is so long. The short of it is, I think rise of iron was peak destiny PVE, but also probably a bad time to get into PVP.

I can understand people in the top PvE clans wanting to min/max for optimal DPS because they try to get the bosses down in as few cycles as possible, but people tend to forget that raid encounters are designed leniently across the board because you couldnā€™t guarantee the presence of special or heavy ammo. Deathsinger in Crota is a good example of an encounter where this is taken a bit to an extreme; you can take her down with 1-2 fireteam members down even if youā€™ve only got primary ammo, but you can solo kill her with Gjallarhorn because thatā€™s how stupidly strong it is.

I wonder how the D2 ammo economy changes are going to change raid balancing actually.

Locking people out of the clean rooms is fun!

I knew I forgot to reply to somethingā€¦ PC beta is supposed to have a change where all enemies with a yellow lifebar are guaranteed to drop power ammo in PvEā€¦ is that not sufficient enough? I donā€™t remember how many of those were in the strike.

For the Vex mind at the end I remember everyone using primaries.

Yeah, we do keep saying ā€œthe raids are greatā€ but honestly what I really want is for the rest of the game to be great too. I enjoy raids but also get kinda stressed out on them as the hours drag on.

Anyway, thereā€™s a bunch of stuff going on with me right now and I donā€™t know how much of this Iā€™ll be able to play for the foreseeable future. sigh.

Hoping everythingā€™s going to be okay. :frowning:

If we need one or two extras for the raid on Sunday, I can ask my ex-coworkers if they wanna do a nostalgia raid.

edit: oh yeah we could do it Monday too since Labor Day, dunno if that lines up for everyone else though

now Iā€™m not drunk and rambling I should clarify that while my fav D1 experiences were raids, most of my worst experiences were also raid-related. Overall I think I prefer the strikes with raid-y mechanics, like fallen saber or echo chamber. Iā€™m pretty optimistic about d2 pve on the whole.

Still havenā€™t bought this game. Will it be a big drag to carry around a newbie if I do? Will I still be able to play even though i can only do shit on the weekends between like 8 and 5 PM?

Itā€™s hard to say because so little is known about Destiny 2ā€™s activities right now, but if it continues the trajectory of the last year or so on D1, it should be much friendlier to people with regular adult lives.

1 Like

Sundayā€™s my day off from working PAX, and Iā€™ve never done Vault of Glass completely, so Iā€™m a tentative in if you canā€™t find a sixth.

Think I stopped partway through Taken King at about 305 light.

does destiny 2 have the gun from 1 thatā€™s an Ancient Earth weapon thatā€™s just a hk416

I donā€™t think it will but we donā€™t really know yet; they have said D1 players will get a slightly different start to the game than brand new players and I would be amused if they gave us one as a callback to D1

Sounds good to me; the Age of Triumph version of VoG is 390 light but we can always just do normal or regular hard mode at ~150-160 light and itā€™ll still be fun. No point in going for rewards when theyā€™re gonna be obsolete in a couple days.

Are you in the PS4 group message? We usually get on around 3pm Eastern on Sundays when we do stuff.

[quote]Nightfall: Ready when you are
Raid: 10 AM PT, September 13
Trials: 10 AM PT, September 15[/quote]

1 Like

Destiny 2 strategy guide is apparently out in the wild and apparently contains stuff that might be raid spoilers? Given how the rest of the spoilers have gone so far for D2, Iā€™m expecting to wake up tomorrow and MoreConsole will have made a video with a giant spoiler in the thumbnail thatā€™ll pop up in my recommendations. :confused:

Hope the raid works out tomorrow and no one bails ;_;

I will be on my PS4 all afternoon, probably playing Kiwami, but I will make sure I am Destiny updated ahead of time for when the moment arrives.

1 Like

Iā€™ll carry youā€¦

We are starting to meet up if anyone wants to get in on this.

Thanks @BustedAstromech for being our sixth! See yā€™all in Destiny 2!

5 Likes

we must stream our World First destiny 2 raid clear

1 Like

Please do.