I downloaded all these cars, now I want to take them on the road. (Handheld Consoles for Emulation)

Lol.

Got my hex screws checked the battery seemed good.

4 Likes

Don’t talk to me or my child ever again

11 Likes

I didn’t like Crystal Beans at all but this track is jamming

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a pretty bad game but I love the title screen

This track rules

It’s definitely a tune that says “Crystal Beans”

3 Likes

i smacked myself in the testicles with the woodboy today via weird hoodie pocket mishap, just thought everyone should know that i’m extremely on brand at all times

9 Likes

Ah shit, right in the Crystal Beans

7 Likes

cars, you say?
well how about an emulator handheld shaped like a car?

6 Likes

2021-09-25 10.07.01 anbernic.com 0aa474db022f
I almost considered getting this for the updated screen, and then I remembered that I absolutely hate this layout – swap the analog stick and the d-pad positions, please.

Like this:
2czs2cyr9rm51

This past March I bought a PSVita at an estate sale but now I’m finally downloading some cars to it. Goddamn even after 9 years this OLED screen is really nice. Do any of the current crop of emulation handhelds compare?

I don’t think any of them (decently-priced ones, anyway) are using OLEDs, as far as I know? A Google search turns up the Anbernic PS5000, but at that price, I highly, highly doubt it. People seem to really like the screen on the RG351V (for vertical) or MP (the horizontal version with the vertical version’s screen), but I haven’t experienced it myself (I only have the RG350, I think – this naming scheme is fucking terrible).

Yeah, I haven’t tried these new handhelds but it’s hard for me to see how any of them beat a hacked vita if you’re doing PSX or earlier

how does one hack a vita these days?

go here

Anbernic has made their own GBA Micro knock-off in a Famicom colorway.

(ETA: Specifically, this differs from their other GBA Micro clone by apparently accepting actual and pirate carts).

The K101 has been around forever, hence the mini-usb connection.

For everyone who jumped on the RP2 train, a DIY upgrade kit to the RP2+ is coming soon for like $65 apparently. $10 more for a touchscreen too.

Reported to have ‘good’ performance for at least a handful of GameCube games, but I think I’m gonna get this just for the faster/better overall performance on the systems below GC (like now it’ll actually play Dreamcast well for real lol). The right stick registering real analog input seems good too.

A neat thing is the upgrade kit comes with a housing to turn your old RP2 PCB into a console to plug into a TV and that’s kinda fun 2 me.

3 Likes

Does anyone else’s RG351v’s screen take a long time to stablize on boot? Like my screen starts very very jittery. It has been getting worse and sometimes takes a few restarts before it isn’t vibrating.

So might just order another one maybe.

1 Like

negative ghost rider, i’ve never seen that at all