I can't believe today was a good play (Games you played today)

I started playing this today, I had a squadwipe on the third mission because I forgot to add the fourth teammember before loading the mission, after clicking all the buttons in the UI to see what they do.

The art is fine, the UI is clunky as hell (taking cover or using medkits slides out a [DO IT] button), there’s not enough ‘juice’ and too many ongoing weapon damage effects, and the

act

ing

is killing me. The main character sounds like a off-brand David Spade, the ex-corp ronin has a chipper Londoner accent and thankfully dies unexpectedly at the end of the second mission with all my fucking pistol ammo because either 1. the director realised his terrible mistake; 2. the actor wanted to be paid

The extremely limited ammunition actually helps make this feel very post-apocalyptic. One mission had a raider with a rifle and we had no effective counter so ran away into cover and waited for him to creep into grenade range, since pistol shots were so low-damage, inaccurate, and limited. That idea didn’t work.

The in-game help is literally youtube video tutorials from a streamer the devs embedded into the game.

1 Like