hold on there's not a GLOW thread

if anybody liked GLOW I thought it would be Select Button! I thought that shit would happen already, but here you are and here I am making another new thread.

GLOW is all about the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. on an old 80’s skit show that I bet…I bet some of us already know about. It was pretty bad, dude. Not good at all.

the NU-GLOW is a faux-historical drama sort of based on a fictionalized version of the story behind that original show. it’s a joint by some of the orange is new black people but I find glow to be a lot more watchable about how entertainingly self destructive its characters are.

the lady who played knives chau is in this, and that is what my friend loves the most even if she doesn’t get a lot of speaking parts.

the people who are working on this show have also gotten a lot of their wrestling and punk rock trivia right. I feel like them getting chavo guerrero jr. to train the women in the show (where mando trained the original wrestlers) is a deliberate choice.

this falls under the Netflix umbrella of live action shows that are basically cartoons

plus: marc maron!

to be fair maron is well cast as a coked up sleazeball

2 Likes

I like Marc Maron being cast as a coked up sleazeball. There’s a lot of people in life that are narcissistic in the way he is that you ultimately want to be around. I feel like Marc Maron should play Stan Lee, also.

not me

1 Like

I’m not saying that’s a positive thing, but in every situation…I bet I’d take shrug over marc maron

shrugs are also pretty bad tho

I’ve been watching this with my lady friend who is really into wrestling so I keep learning stuff while watching it. It’s really good! Very entertaining. My one beef is that Brie gets too much screentime, her character isn’t too interesting and she gets a bit tedious.

Yeah really didn’t count on Brie’s character being the most boring part of this show. Every time she’s in a scene with a lot of the other women it feels like she’s getting pushed out by bigger personalities. That could be totally intentional though. I’m only on episode 4

i was only marginally aware of the real GLOW but this show is pretty much My Steaze™. pretty fun time, and the 80s fetishization is less annoying than something like Stranger Things

1 Like

Watched the first episode today. I enjoyed it a lot. Fun times indeed.

Seeing Johnny Hennigan was a nice suprise as well.

1 Like

This was such a fun watch. I hope season 2 has some queer characters tho.

i’m impressed by the level of stuntwork the cast is putting in really fun show

Ok, just finished watching the first season.

That was fantastic. Not sure how they will keep it up for another season but, hey, I hope they keep making more.

posting these here to watch later:

2 Likes

There’s gonna be a season 2 of GLOW

2 Likes