HITMAN™

It kind of bugs me that it’s the same handful of voice actors for every episode though. And I wish every game had an option like chaos theory for making everyone speak their characters native language subtitled, at least the background unimportant npcs you don’t talk to, I’m sure that’d be a pain in the ass to implement on this one though

I just tried to record a video of me doing the recent elusive contract but it was just me standing on a roof with a rifle for 10 minutes and not seeing much then walking around and then I tried to knock out a guy in a closed off room but somehow every guard outside instantly was alerted and hostile.

2 Likes

The best way to get the last guy was to dress as a security guard and wait in the bottom of the church. I’m 2 for 3 with them, the first one I just missed because of travel. My old standby technique is throw and an explosive, detonate it and then shoot him. This time I just shot him.

They’re releasing two bonus missions that take place in sapienza and marrakesh at night. The sapienza one has a sci fi movie being filmed in the town at the time. It sounds like the rest of episodes might not come out til later in the year, instead of continuing monthly.

I played this a bunch and got something like 30% completion on Paris, and I might’ve had my fill of this game. A lot of the objectives in the main mission involve waiting many minutes for the targets to reach a particular point in their patrol cycle, and it’s just too tedious. If the game is going to have so much of that, it should have a fast-forward feature. Also, there is little incentive to actually complete both assassinations and escape – it’s more efficient to just reload a save and then wait for the next part of the cycle to complete a different objective, so the pacing is just weird all around.

I enjoyed the Escalations more since they are briefer, have more static targets, don’t allow quicksaving, and are focused around core game mechanics rather than level-specific gimmicks. I enjoyed Kotti Paradox the most (kill three targets with Battle Axe + Signature Suit, and no climbing). The total lack of stealth in the mandated kill method indeed paradoxically exercised my creativity more than usual, in figuring out how best to use disguises to at least dump the axe in the optimal spot to enable the least amount of trespassing with Signature Suit later. (Even though I attempted it repeatedly for about 2 hours, I haven’t managed to get the third-floor target and escape yet – there’s just too many layers of security up there and I’m now thinking I should probably manipulate that AI to evacuate and catch it in a stairwell.) It’s very frustrating when the axe vanishes thanks to Physics or the target AIs randomly walk away from their spot though.

1 Like

I snipered the hipster douchbag elusive target. I was on the barge dressed like a security guard. It all almost came undone but I pulled through. Good times.

I don’t like that I have to rely on a twitter feed or gaming news sites still caring about the game and me caring enough to go to one that week to know when there’s an elusive contract. I wouldn’t mind if it used this windows 10 cellphone notification type thing that doesn’t seem to get used for anything else

This kind of use of notifications to reengage you with the game is very, very common for mobile games and most people see it as evil. Although that’s mostly because games are really aggressive about signing you into them without asking you.

they got a phone app now at least

next elusive target is going to be identical twins and killing the wrong one fails the mission

1 Like

I was at a child’s birthday party when I got an assassination contract delivered to my phone

7 Likes

I botched the hit. I’ve been in pain and in and out of hospitals for a week or two, and right before all of that started I had just had the last of my wisdom teeth removed, from the side of my jaw I had just recently been slugged in repeatedly, so I haven’t been at my best for a while now. I rushed it since I only had three days and I figured I would probably just be in worse shape or in a hospital again later. but of course I actually ended up feeling a lot better the next day. So out of all elusive guys the twins and and pope guy I messed up. But I at least killed the target on this one, and got the right one, I just didn’t get away. I tried distracting his guards but they weren’t far enough away. I could of just pulled it off with a rifle easy but I keep trying to be all slick silent assassin about it, because I want to take at least one of these guys out that way, which I actually pulled it off on the last one, until I bumped into a guard while walking on the wrong side of a road on the way to the exit.

I was watching some videos of other people playing, and I really need to get a videocard that can actually run the game. I got a gtx 670 and I don’t know, I kind of expected it to last a little bit longer than it did. I guess it has been like 4 years already though. It seemed like everytime a new card came out they would just say, “it’s some barely incremental improvement, don’t bother” but so many incremental improvements later and what do you know, now you suddenly can’t even run a walking simulator like everybody’s at the rapture properly.

1 Like

It’s great to lose in a videogame and not just be able to rewrite history with a reload

imo there were no cards worth buying between the 9800 and the 970

the other day the game was finally running smooth for once but the video driver would crash now and then. I thought maybe they patched the game or something. then I woke up next day and for some reason my computer had reset while I was asleep and the game was back to running like it did before, all herky jerky like, and sometimes getting worse the longer I play or if I alt+tab any. weird.

gary busey is the elusive contract right now

there was a voting thing where you picked whether you wanted to kill gary cole or gary busey. I think the fact that they picked a brain damaged guy to terrorize and murder is just further proof of how predatory and cruel human beings are.

next area is bangkok and it’s a hotel level. your target is a band

I still haven’t gotten any of the levels after Paris! I spent tons of time on the tutorials.

This game makes me really interested after years of just not being able to wrap my head around Hit man. I’m afraid I’d just get frustrated and drop off though.

I’ve been loving it after not really being able to get into the series up to now. the higher production values really benefit something like this, as mentioned (and those are largely just down to the new technology)

I can see a 3D stealth game needing budget. I thought the past ones were AAA though. Maybe I should just grab the 15 dollar into and give it a whirl.