hey guess what

MD Geist is the best.

The answer is always ā€œwatch the old shitā€ and itā€™s always just and correct

has anyone recommended polar bear cafe yet

does that even count as anime, i feel like itā€™s too pure

2 Likes

you should watch every episode involving Penguin

this is almost every episode.

I would tell you to watch Osomatsu-san but it has thatā€¦ one episodeā€¦

also I hope you listened to me and have abstained from watching Sakurasou

I did not know there was a thing entitled Space Adventure Cobra

there is a reason i need a thread, still

i mean, i do not feel good about it, but we donā€™t live in a world that really cares much about content warnings

Iā€™m on mobile and canā€™t post an image, but just picture the most 70s(?) Space Pulp you can, complete with debonair gunhand-wielding cigar-smoking spandex-wearing manly man protagonist. It hits me as something youā€™d at least find interesting, given your affection for testosterone.

Cobra is (as a previous post said) if Barbarella was about a man, traded even more in serial sci-fi pulp aesthetic and his rival was metal David Bowie

1 Like

going to show up to recommend kemonozume and kaiba in any thread like this

or at least, er, look 'em up! may be for you, maybe not

1 Like

I think Kemonozume, while great, might have some things that donā€™t fit the parameters here. Kaiba is maybe alright (also amazingly goodā€“my favorite Yuasa TV show?), though both Kemonozume and Kaiba are pretty emotionally heavy shows, maybe too heavy?

While weā€™re on the subject of Yuasa Masaaki shows, though, I think Ping Pong is great and maybe would work for you, haley?

1 Like

yeah I wouldnā€™t recommend kemonozume itt but kaiba is a very good recc

1 Like

I really want to like City Hunter. Itā€™s 80s Sunrise! Itā€™s all urban and neon! That theme song is fucking amazing.

But I got like two or three episodes in and the sexism was just too much and I put it down. Heroes who are really good at their jobs and hypermisogynist pervs just donā€™t read charming to me.

Maybe I should check in with some later episodes where the romance between the two main characters is more pronounced.

Yeah this is exactly my reaction to City Hunter

Iā€™m in

ping pong has a real neat art style going on and the chinese player was a really cool character but does the show pick up more after the first third? i remember being kind of bored but i was on pain meds so uh who knows

I think it does. Like the last three eps are a rush of amazing stuff, amazingly packed into such a short running time. But itā€™s only 11 eps and I didnā€™t think the first three were boring at all so, uh, who knows indeed.

EDIT: Iā€™ve seen the show three times and find myself revisiting moments from the last three or four episodes pretty often though.

2 Likes

i will probably come back and finish it eventually regardless, i just keep putting it off

Haley Ping Pong is like actually a good show and I know you got like mad trash on that external you should finish it sometime

Also just to be clear my taste is also trash so like this ainā€™t a callout

ok so @haley you should watch VOTOMS because it is almost free of problematic content(some very minor unnecessary nudity but thats it) and is about a stoic adult ex-soldier trying to survive.

Actually Cuba why the fuck havenā€™t you watched VOTOMS the show is like made for you. Thereā€™s even a killcount video for it. Its not like other mecha shows because its about an adult having adult problems in an over the top sci fi setting.

oh yeah you recommended votoms to me as ā€œthe best gundamā€ a ways back and i was interested but sorta forgotā€¦!

i am definitely down to watch robots punch each other

i was gonna pick ttgl up for that but then i heard someone loudly praising some shit from it that made me pretty uncomfortableā€¦ i also thought about og gundam because cultural impact + hand drawn animation + i havenā€™t been exposed to much old shit but when i asked people about that they kinda shrugged and went ā€œehh i guessā€