happy 80th birthday brian wilson u twisted demon

13 Likes

Picking a song to post here was causing me immense mental anguish so here’s this instead.

Happy Birthday Brian.

12 Likes

I have seen NORBIT at least 4 times and I can’t blame all of those viewings on Brian Wilson but at least two of 'em, yeah, maybe they were attempts at getting on his wavelength

These are my personal A & B sides

11 Likes

Always returning to the music year after year

8 Likes

On the subject, does anyone have a favorite Smile sessions bootleg? I got really into an archive of them ten years ago but I can’t remember which ones were good. The official Smile release came out soon after and my brain just kind of wiped everything out even though I think I might prefer some of those bootlegs now.

Immediately found the mix I liked back then, lol.

And here’s a description of it:

5 Likes

Odeon Second Edition, although in my memory they all sort of blend into one these days. No suprise that Brian could never finish it to be honest.

4 Likes

Mok’s version is the first one I heard. It’s long, but I really like the heroes and villains and vega-tables on it. My friend burned me a copy and I wore that thing to the ground.

The Beach Boys That's not me (Pet Sounds) - YouTube

6 Likes

Shocking lack of Love You

7 Likes
9 Likes

I’m pretty sure “Johnny Carson” is my most played Beach Boys song

4 Likes

this one’s a top 10 beach boys song for me, heartbreaking vocal

7 Likes

I gotta listen to more Beach Boys. I really love Pet Sounds and Surf’s Up.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Ok pretty late to this, but it’s good to find BB fans in here. Also there’s a lack of TBB Today! so here you go:

8 Likes