HALO

ok almost caught up, got to the fall of reach, wow Joseph Morgan is really putting his whole pussy into playing Ackerson. They really nailed his character in season 2, loved the scenes with his father, very compelling arc overall. loved the Spartan training scenes where it becomes clear John Halo is genuinely unhinged in the “pain is weakness leaving the body” way. low points: Perez’s actress looks like she has -5 skill points in Military and has never worn BDUs before, but that’s fine, i’m glad we brought her arc to a seeming conclusion anyway.

bonus: there’s gay people! really enjoyed that. even if they die because it’s Reach, everyone dies.

Skepticism retracted, i’m genuinely on board with this as both good TV and good Halo story. they gave me what i was asking for! more military plotlines, more stuff blowing up, more aliens. And we are definitely getting a lot of foreshadowing for Ackerson’s Spartan-III program so I’m hoping we see more Guys You May Know From The Lore.

sidenote about reach, how many of yall remember cody miller https://haloreach.isnotcanon.net/
lol. halo nerds been mad about canon forever

3 Likes