Gundam Thread

I’m watching 1 ep at night with dinner at 1.3x speed so it’s not too bad. If it’s super filler-y, I’ll probably hit 1.5x speed or faster.

I wanted to watch a Gundam thing at some point but cheated and watched Imagawa’s G Gundam.

I’ve seen so many. I think Wing will always be my favorite just because it was my introduction to the franchise/mecha anime. I had some good lol’s once when I tried to sum up the entire plot and the character arcs to someone, once. Like just hearing it all as an info dump is pretty funny.

I really liked 8th MS Team, or at least what I remember of it.

What I like in Tomino’s works post ZZ is the technical part taking function in combat, in the fights the robots do more than just pew pew at another robot until it become a pink cloud (fuck seed for inventing pink cloud), like when a beam should hit a robot but the AI field deflect it or the problem with having reactor exploding in earth.

And don’t any of you guys dare to shit talk Votoms, or I will shank you in your dreams. And try Patlabor the ovas and the movies are great

1 Like
2 Likes

I own this CD.

It’s a pretty great album.

Akiman Andrew WK is also pretty great.

Today on Gundam

YOU KILLED HIM, YOU IDIOT

Today on Gundam

Funny way to say PATRICIDE

“Can you survive?” is a pretty good tag line. Zeta Gundam has a really solid one, too. “You will see the tears of time.”

I like how each episode here as an urgency and just one major plot arc that everything follows. The later Gundams I’ve seen suffer from either moe/mecha-equivalent of moe or too much navel gazing.

Keeping it simple, stupid, is pretty good.

1 Like

Today’s second Gundam

Also: Garma walking in on Char taking a shower. I remember that scene from the Origins manga. They certainly played it up more there.

2 Likes

This quote makes so much more sense

YAS really know how to make Char look cool, isn’t he?

I have not watched a lot of Gundam lately but I fell again to the abyss of gunpla. On the flip side, the Revive version of the Qubeley is very very good. The only color mismatch I can see is the pink in the inside of the wings. Other than that really minimum use of stickers and a really good build.

Today in Gundam

Garma and Char have a teaparty

Garma has the curliest hair

1 Like

Today on Gundam

Birth of a beautiful romance

Loveliest couple

With no personal space

Char’s counter attack

Too lewd

Char runs off with some floozy

Such NTR…

OH SHIT

IT’s HAPPENING

AAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LEGEND IS BORN

ALL THE FEDS ARE DEAD

CHAR TURNS TO THE CAMERA AND WHISPERS, “THIS IS TRULY GUNDAM… THE ORIGIN.”

NEXT TIME ON GUNDAM:

2 Likes

So far I am appreciating the gooftimes of Gundam ZZ

H-help?

I knew YAS would not leave this scene out!

2 Likes

:zeldaheart::zeldaheart: