GUN GAL 2021: NO MAN'S GUY

looks like it could make for a fun speedrun

Feels very similar to High Hell and several other games, I guess they’re having a Moment.

holy shit is this the half life engine

1 Like

The weird way they can kick despite not having feet/legs is strange as heck.

1 Like

Modern Warfare finally operatives operating operatively but is it the right thing to do. Is America (The West) the real bad guy? (No.)

The developers talking about trying to top No Russian. Just make a game about going back in time to kill baby hitler. Or trump. Make a game about killing one baby. Make a game about having 50 million dollars and not solving a social problem with it.

Almost 20 years into the Afgan-Iraq war where we have fucked up a generation of Americans and a whole landmass of the world and it isn’t over what can possibly be the message of “Modern Warfare”. It should be about the US Army being run as a police force in Baghdad and colossally fucking up and ruining lives while trying to hand out chocolate bars then joining the private military for 10 times to pay so you can just kill without consequence.

I guess Modern Warfare is being security for rich shitheads and you not putting a fucking bullet in their skulls.

9 Likes

Modern Warfare is that you can’t afford if your car breaks down but there is no public transit to your work.

Or that stock investors with a million dollars portfolio can make a guranteed 10% Annual ROI.

4 Likes

i’m here for this rage

I think it’s a lack of direction. The most recent comparison is Watchdogs 3, which is using a bunch of pieces they’ve always had lying around but have never been allowed to congeal into a point, and of course Ubisoft at the very tippy-top level prefers it that way.

But Watchdogs 3 comes screaming out with an identity and a thrust and a creative director worth a damn (Clint Hocking) – yeah, I’m honestly ascribing this to a single person but I think this is a good illustration of what creative leadership can do. He can pick up these pieces and make sure they’re all working together and then push on a single theme and get the buyoff so the packagin, marketing, and everything is working towards that point.

And I don’t necessarily have the highest hopes for Watchdogs 3 but it actually feels alive and like it’s going for something and it’s all the difference from Call of Duty and Modern Warfare’s mess of individual Statement Levels (made by very good designers who really do care and are rather perceptive), but wrapped in a self-defeating package.

1 Like

new modern warfare looks like dogshit but infinity ward has to cash in on the one game that they made which people still like i guess. maybe this is cynical but i own every cod except mw2 so i’m thoroughly poisoned by this series

Man MW2 is the best one

i watched my sister play the campaign and some spec ops on the 360 when it released and that the player character dies like four times and the plot makes basically no sense warded me away forever

then i bought ghosts because i have a sickness

Clearly we are looking for different things in these games I guess

Also Spec Ops (in all the games where it makes an appearance) is SO GOOD and far and away the best part of the entire history of the series

all the journalists impressed and shocked by the fact that modern warfare looks like “LiveLeak footage” or whatever need to get their heads out of their fucking asses

if infinity ward wanted to actually say something youd get rewarded for gunning down civilians over the course of the campaign with an honorable discharge and then join some bullshit private military contractor named something like “xenius international” making ten times the money you did in the army. the rest of the game is you sexually harassing civilian contractors at the PX in bagram until you go home and hang yourself because your spine disintegrated driving around in humvees and the VA denied your disability claim because your incompetent CO never put your injuries on record

6 Likes

glad other people are as mad about this shit as me!!

Damn you played Advanced Warfare too?!

1 Like

theres-a-great-junior-high-just-up-the-road-her-28713548

5 Likes

I’d think if you killed baby hitler you’d just come back to a world where fascism is even more popular and more obvious about it without a hitler boogeyman. killing baby j. edgar hoover seems like the safer choice

1 Like

Shhh Ken Levine is still at large

2 Likes