Grotesque videogames

Lord British has a fork lift.

4 Likes

is this the videogame version of The Ambassadors

what’s the videogame equivalent of the aristocrats?

Heavy Rain

2 Likes

daphny needs to shit

2 Likes
6 Likes

That reminds me, there is a whole universe of unauthorized fan versions of popular franchises that would belong in this thread

There is also Mega Man for DOS which was officially published by Capcom somehow

BTW those wooden boxes are copied from Duke Nukem

13 Likes

Played this as a kid and it was soooo bad.

1 Like

Grotesque or just ugly?

Happy Halloween everyone

2 Likes
8 Likes

i almost lost it when mario exited the diagonal pipe

6 Likes
10 Likes

from the messiah wiki:

11 Likes

messiah is such a charming grotesque kusoge that mostly fails at all the things it tries to be but appeals to me anyway

2 Likes

Indirectly related to messiah, because one uses the same progressive mesh engine, the other day I discovered the same designer is behind the relevantly grotesque designs of two (well, three since one’s actually two games) personal favorites, Sacrifice and World of Xeen.

4 Likes

was messiah a development hell kind of project? i swear i remember reading about it in magazines a very long time before it came out

1 Like

if i remember right, it was one of those games that had an absurdly huge scope early in development, that i think got gradually scaled back as time went on

like the first previews were like “you play as an angel who can possess anyone in a huge open world full-sized city and every character has a personality and relationships with other characters that you have to exploit etc etc”

yeah, the final game was pretty underwhelming and also janky as hell. it does have its charm though

In primary school, I used to go to a computer club. Of the games we had on them, there was DooM, Midnight Rescue, SkiFree and then, this…

4 Likes