Grotesque videogames

That’s some comic book grade writing.

Bioware never fails to disappoint in that area, huh?

Recently learned about the Wiiware Blaster Master… (sorry if it was already posted)

1 Like

In the future, space trans just deadname themselves for small talk.

ha haaaa I was literally just thinking of posting this. it kind of reminds me of that chinese contra mobile game. the gradius one too, maybe?

None of that Mass Effect stuff looks grotesque to me. Just a bit uncanny. 100% boring/unappealing.

Who the heck handled the Blaster Master remake? It’s like five degrees away from being a Flash game from 2003.

That was the style of remakes in the mid-2000s; Namco’s revivals seem to have broken the trend.

Early XBLA was full of this stuff (this is Jetpac Refuelled).

Hard to believe I bought a game this ugly but I’ll buy almost any Joust-derived platformer.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Damn does this game look incredible. Too bad the environs are mostly static/single-screen

8 Likes

Def looking forward to this grotesquerie.

6 Likes

oh cool, is this a tie-in game for the new king arthur movie

2 Likes

Wizardry 7 is one of the ugliest games i’ve ever played, not in terms of quality but in terms of art direction. It looks like an abscess wound

3 Likes
3 Likes

This has something for everyone.

6 Likes

Separated at birth?

$_1

1 Like
2 Likes

the 3d town is pretty nice, but the 2d characters look like they’re from bart the general

4 Likes
1 Like

48%20AM

The Death of the Corpse Wizard is supposed to be slightly grotesque.

5 Likes

There’s like 3 different graphical styles present here at least

2 Likes

the curse of resolution

I bet if they lower it to 640x480 and drop the color depth they’d be in a better place

and put a mosaic on those heads

4 Likes