GR8 BALLS O FIRE

Spherical splosions.

Specifically the polygonal variety found in 3D games but this may be too limiting so go ahead and sprite my fire with some pixel pyrotechnics, hot shot.

Star Fox 64

Mega Man 64

Majora’s Mask

Gradius 3

8 Likes

I put some nice spherical splosies in a game the other day with those cuddly Starfox ones in mind.

first screenshot makes me want a thread of bosses who cry out that you’ll never defeat their boss as they die. can’t think of any off the top of my head but I feel like there must be a few

2 Likes

That’s what I’m up to as well :3

BLAST CORPS

2 Likes

Bad screenshot, but–

Bomberman 64

3 Likes

Sin and Punishment

3 Likes
4 Likes

I feel like Einhander has some of these, but then again Einhander has some of the best 'splosions in the business so none of them might be simple spheres.

The Hedgehog weapon makes little sphere explosions. I think they have a crackly lightning effect around them though, which might slightly damage their spherishness.

1 Like

Einhander’s are rather pretty in motion. Not easy to capture but:

3 Likes

Super Mario Sunshine

Custom Robo V2

I’m digging this game atm. Wish I knew what was going on story-wise but the little battle stages are snappy fun and the graphics are clean polygonal tastiness.

1 Like

As I recall from the one Custom Robo game that was released for the GC in the US, the story was a big old nothing, so don’t worry much. But yeah, fun as heck game and the graphics are lovely.

were there any tongue in cheek jokes about who was or wasn’t given a pass on using the n-bomb

1 Like

Is this appropriate?

2 Likes

Some things from Klik & Play : )

And a bad screnshot of the boss from Robotron 64

4 Likes

Nice, what is that from?

Body Harvest

1 Like

It’s from the game I’m making. Go to this page to cheeecck it ooouuut.

1 Like

Chrono Trigger

This also happens to be my all time favorite spell animation in any RPG

6 Likes

Mario Kart 8 proving that kaboom balls still have a place in this current generation of consoles.

6 Likes

Metroid Prime

4 Likes

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

2 Likes