GOTH đź–¤

It’s forever.

The Bela Session is a full release of Bauhaus’ first studio session from January 26 1979, where the iconic “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” was recorded. This is the first and only official reissue of “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” on vinyl, and the first time 3 of the 5 tracks have been released. This EP has been produced directly by the band with Leaving Records, in advance of the band’s 40th anniversary.

Bauhaus are a four-piece from Northampton, England, composed of Peter Murphy (vocals, occasional instruments), Daniel Ash (guitar), Kevin Haskins (drums), and David J (bass). Venerated and highly influential, the band emerged from the post-punk alternative music scene of the early 80s with a string of innovative albums and a powerfully dramatic live presentation. Their music embodies a minimalistic, disconsolate style of post-punk rock unlike any other.

“Bela Lugosi’s Dead” was originally released by Small Wonder Records, 1979. “Harry” was originally released by Beggars Banquet, 1982. “Some Faces,” “Bite My Hip,” and “Boys (Original)” are previously unreleased.

6 Likes

My favorite group in the genre:

The latter song I discovered a few years ago thanks to starblood. Although I’d listened to their albums from Peepshow onward countless times, I was not as familiar with their older work.

2 Likes

Finally a Goth thread, thank you.

Gawf

1 Like

Sergio Leone inspired goth:

1 Like
1 Like

Does anyone own this? It’s been on my Amazon wish list forever but I haven’t bought it yet.

A buddy of mine in high school spent beaucoup dollars for a vinyl copy of this.

Tangential:

http://thismortalcoil.4ad.com/

This version of this song was a favorite of mine when I was younger. I guess it’s still pretty good, though I have not listened to or even thought about it in many years.

Original version was on this album: The Tyranny Of Inaction | Rosetta Stone

1 Like

i just found out about this band, recontextualizing ivy league secret societies as a fashionable goth thing is really clever

2 Likes

Google Photos

Peter Murphy and David J, last night at the Paramount Theater

3 Likes

1 Like

Got SAD? Here’s my “goth” playlist to get you through it.