Games You Played Today VI (III in the west)

tropes are fine as a story telling tool afaic. as long as there’s some kind of subversion or something to say happening along the way. i think it’s less ab their abundance and more ab loneliness or vulnerability despite seemingly having everything anyone could want.

lack of self-consciousness is the point, and i find it cool to show a character in the game who isn’t necessarily caught up in adjusting anyone else’s emotional needs. i didn’t want to discuss it because i don’t know if it’s true, but i feel like this boss is very much a foil to a particular character who always lends a listening ear and does cool things like heal you and help you save.

from this perspective, my ideas ab certain characters in this world actually being shadows of the characters in the party may hold weight.

honestly, i think this is a fair but only if my above theory is untrue. i remember thinking ’ hmm, how close am i to the end now? '. i feel it’s justified considering how the game takes so much time to finally reveal what the character looks like to everyone. i remember expecting a monstrous looking sprout mole, for one. also, because i can’t get past it, i have no idea why this particular segment is so long compared to others.

it just makes me think that it’s somehow pretty important and that everything happening in this world is a lot more than just showing ’ world cute ’ like i initially thought. i think this game has a depth and attention to detail and that’s why it took so long to make.

it made me feel like it was all worth it once i got to this fight. how do you feel about villains as a way to dissect motivations and relate to your own shadow ( not just the characters in the story ) ? i find this one particularly funny and a bit relatable so maybe that’s why i’m partial.

my self-esteem has always been pretty low, but seeing a character like this who has he opposite problem but. . .is still ultimately unhappy, deep down resonates really hard with me for some reason.

this is important too, haha