Games You Played Today ##RELOAD

Should have played Lego Batman 3 if you haven’t already. That’s some quality Legoing right there.

1 Like

So yeah, never knew that and it would make things a good deal more manageable.

I started picking away at Tearaway Unfolded as I’m letting my PS+ lapse for a bit once April hits and this was March’s free game. I am having a really hard time telling if the game is designed for young children or if it is just not very good. Also I hit two completely different game-breaking bugs in the first 45 minutes or so, the one where the entire game world was encased in a thick fog that made it impossible to see anything at least gets points for being a unique way to break a game.

My 4 year old is pretty good at Lara Croft Go

When is her let’s play?

Yeah, time to live vicariously, Cuba

I’ve been oddly fixated on Super Monkey Ball Jr.
I actually love Super Monkey Ball 1&2 quite dearly and the surprisingly well made GBA iteration is very fun. I bought it off Amazon with a $5 gift card I received for completing a tax survey, and I’ve been playing it on my GB Micro. The levels are almost 1:1 recreations of those in the first Gamecube game, albeit slightly altered in some areas to preserve framerate and ease of control with the limited 8 directions and other things.
Visually, it’s super impressive, and playing a near fully-rendered 3D game on the GBA is unusually satisfying.

EDIT: Actually it isn’t a 1:1 port of the first game, but there are some very similar levels

5 Likes

I tried Tearaway demo on Vita and it was incredibly unfun… I couldn’t understand where all the praise (neogaf) was coming from. It felt like Mario 64 if it were designed in Montreal.

1 Like

Have the child generate good Lets play #content as soon as possible, generate impressions and cash real quick

2 Likes

cuba doing a lets play when child bursts through the door, followed by panicked mother dragging her away

4 Likes

My only complaint with SMB GBA was having trouble with the d-pad even with the level changes you mentioned, but otherwise yeah it feels great to have a playable Monkey Ball on that little handheld.

2 Likes

this game effin rulez

i’m a complete sucker for GBA mode7 style shenanigans (see GT Advance series) even though i’m pretty sure smbj doesn’t actually use mode 7 at all

2 Likes

I’m gonna savor this game because the one on DS sucks huge shit. There hasn’t been a good Super Monkey Ball game since 2, sadly

Sega owns my soul, I just wish they’d make more of the games I love

1 Like

and even 2 made some questionable choices compared to the first one, which is an all-time classic

smb adventure is such a piece of fucking trash, it hurts my soul

1 Like

Shit brb, gotta monetize

1 Like

cleared Slug-A in FTL-Normal, on stream

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/129704510

edit: link’s a highlight now so it’s perm

first phase: OK. second and third phases: i did everything wrong but still won by a hair because i had god engines

edit again: I DIDN’T KNOW THIS WAS AUTOPLAYING

1 Like

timestamp on that didn’t go.

i’m gonna more, come tell me how much of a scrub i am: https://twitch.tv/mauvecow

edit: rip

nagoshi best sega

1 Like

Finally finished Vagrant Story after something like 15 years. Wish I’d done it sooner.

5 Likes

lol i just played night in the woods for like ten minutes and maybe i’m just in a mood but i think it had the best writing of any game i’ve played in like 15 years

6 Likes