Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

Titan Brawl (only in titans, no ejects, no disembarking) and the new chassis are so good. They balanced one mode around returning titan survivability and I love it.

I wish you could make the Monarch upgrade choices on the fly rather than configuring them before a match.

I am still inexplicably good at this game, idk if no one who is really good at shooters plays it or what, but I just picked it up for the first time in three months and I was the top scorer in bounty hunt five matches out of five, including on a map Iā€™d never seen before

I am solidly middle of the road (if that) in like every other popular competitive game so idk whatā€™s going on here

started up a file on conker for xbox (thatā€™s conker: live and reloaded). itā€™s pretty good? the crassness is abysmal, the fall damage is almost unforgivable, it lingers too long on one-note, obnoxious characters. and yetā€¦

thereā€™s something interesting about rare taking the piss out of themselves just a few years before they released star fox adventures, which

letā€™s be honest, is one of the worst aaa games of all time

2 Likes

Hmm, this brings up an interesting comparison RE: Rare products. Conker is very much the aggressive ā€œour games are stupid!!!ā€ attitude, but it feels like theyā€™re really having fun with it. Regardless of the end result there. Like, they want to poke fun at it because games are inherently sort of stupid, and thatā€™s okay.

Nuts and Bolts, on the other hand, has a tired sort of world weariness in the way it approaches self deprecating humor. The intro is banjo and grunty picking up like 5 golden doodads out of 100 before the lord of games intervenes and decides to make a totally different sort of artificial challenge. Then the whole game is built around the idea of games as artifice - every environment is clearly thrown together by somebody tired of video games, and itā€™s all sort of half-bolted on garbage. The seams are literally showing in most places. Itā€™s all made of metal painted to look like grass or skies or volcanoes or sand, and the clouds are wired to some gears rotating in the sky.

Then thereā€™s Banjo Land, which is a run down museum dedicated to Banjoā€™s greatest adventures. I think itā€™s supposed to be funny? But it feels like somebody look at their lifeā€™s work and going ā€œā€¦thatā€™s it?ā€ It feels like a comedian getting bitter that their whole career is a literal joke and taking it out on their audience. Itā€™s really bizarre.

4 Likes

itā€™s so weird. i wonder if the (ex-rare, timesplitters folks) free radical people were responsible for some of conker; i sense a similar sense of humor in both. itā€™s really disheartening that everything they parodied in conker was not only present in star fox adventures, but infinitely worse than it had ever been in previous rare games

star fox adventures also has zero sense of humor. what a baffling piece of shit. i wonder if dinosaur planet would have been any better.

e: wow

SFA is a game about trying to rescue a planet of too stupid to live talking dinosaurs from hyper-advanced anthropomorphic dinosaurs.

The first set of dinosaurs donā€™t understand day-night and get scared when the bright thing goes away.

It makes me sad thinking how bad that game is.

2 Likes

GG Rev 2 verdict: aaaah why did they nerf sparrowhawk stance

Iā€™m not completely sold on tokyo 42 but I like about 100% of what itā€™s doing

Nerf? They took the hurt boxes off and can charge up to be unblockable.

I stayed up late rewatching the rev story on a ps4 so i could watch the after story from rev 2. Worth it.

1 Like

Been fiddling around with Fatal Fury on Fatal Fury Battle Archives vol1 because why the fuck not. Iā€™m pretty new to fighting games but I like its simplicity. SNK games always have such class.

1 Like

Itā€™s been so long since Iā€™d played it, I forgot how much I love Blazing Star.

The chastising text when you die is always a laugh. ā€œHey poor playerā€!

yeah blazing star is definitely of a pair with einhander ā€“ just a big fun shmup on sufficiently powerful hardware before the genre got too complex

Iā€™ve been playing this idle clicker for an entire day and it has some of the funniest writing Iā€™ve seen in games this year

A concept of modern Crazy Taxi where you take down Fake Uber in all its predatory, problematic glory must be remade into a mainline title

(The character designs are great, too ā€“ not only do they fit the ā€œupdatedā€ spirit of the series, but also are incredibly diverse)

4 Likes

lol who made this

what the hell is a clicker

God damnit I didnā€™t want to play this

Itā€™s so good lol

Iā€™m clicking for the next blurb

Demiurge. They previously did a lot of ports like Mass Effect and Borderlands PC.