Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

It’s really bad! But I has covetted it for years because I loved Dinosaurs and I had an N64. Which evened out this year because I got to be a dinosaur as Mario and it ruled.

The wikipedia page goes into how pointlessly ambitious they were. Then the reward is Jeff bragging about his jazz piano skills.

I looked at the vast number of games physical or digital that I own and have never beaten or even player, and out of all of them I decided that it was time to play Conker’s Bad Fur Day as apparently it may be the most expensive game I own. Surely if it costs a lot it must be really good…

I am still early on and it is such a weird game. I never played any of those Banjo games so I am likely missing a big point of reference, but what is striking is how little platforming there is in this 3d platformer. That might not be a bad thing as I’m having a tough time judging distances whenever I do have to jump.

It is also just a wee bit on the juvenile side.

6 Likes

I think I first played CBFD on an emulator probably some ten years ago? I was still a person who preferred cute games almost exclusively at the time, and that game hit me smack dab in the uncanny, surreal feelings lobe in my brain. Both in subject matter as well as design. If I went back to it now, it’d probably just be weird, but I really like that initial impression.

2 Likes

I have to admit that I expected the subject matter and tone of Conker to be the thing that aged worst and yet… there is something about it. It’s not great mind you, and a lot of it is low hanging fruit and movie references, but it is delivered notably better than I expected if that makes any sense. Given the era I think Conker is rather expressive and his voice work kinda hits the right spot, a couple things even made me chuckle.

Basically it is a game that added random fart sounds to the background music of a feces themed area, but also added musical notes in a cutscene to correspond to the stumbling steps Conker took in it. Highs and lows. I suspect I may feel less generous in this regard towards it in hour ten than I do in hour one.

2 Likes

Why the F does Doom on Ps4 need a 30gb update

I think the most recent update was them making all the multiplayer dlc free to everyone? Just jammin it all in there.

The multiplayer download stuff should really be optional, I have no intention of touching that aspect of the game.

All I wanted was to fix the constant screen tearing :confused:

TW suicide

there’s a bit in BROTHERS A TALE OF TWO SONS where you come across a man hanging himself - its on a bend just off the main path so i think its optional - and you cut him down and console him and puzzle platform into the burnt remains of his home while you listen to him sob/ heave in the background and rescue a perfectly untouched music box sitting on cliff’s edge under a bright ray of light and then he plays it and gets happy and then the camera zooms in on the charred bodies of his family under a blanket. cut to burying them. you get a cheevo for “making him feel better”. then you platform on a windmill blade like ico. then you ride mountain goats, which isnt bad, actually. anyway i think this game is awful, i suspect peter molyneux loves it, and i’m mad at whoever decided to set ico in hobbiton. i think they’re probably a cop. it’s a cop sort of game.

10 Likes

it’s pretty dumb, the whole game is BioWare sidequests sans text

things ive done in the past 10 minutes of BROTHERS A TALE OF TWO SONS

-caught a ride from a hippogriff that used its last breath to ferry the brothers from a to b
-used a dead giants axe to cut off its leg to get thru a stream filled w its blood
-loaded a giant crossbow and fired a bolt into dead giants eye so i can cross its corpse
-rescued a fair maiden from goblin blood ritual (by covering the brothers in blood for the second time)

1 Like

the director was the “fuck the oscars” guy at the game awards, if that has any interesting effect on your perception of the game

1 Like

the issues are apparent all the way from the title. what the Hell else are brothers ginna be, if not sons?

11 Likes

rolling around in a giant ball to knock a spider witch over & pulling her legs out one by one DONT FUCK WITH THE BROTHERS

3 Likes

Spoilers: the brothers get fucked with.

3 Likes

Is this just the game from Ender’s Game expanded a little?

7 Likes

mods archive this post specifically

1 Like

i don’t think I’ve ever really read or at least comprehended the full name of that game until reading this thread

3 Likes

it’s a bit redundant, in that you could say it repeats itself

5 Likes

I played it for free on PS+ so I wouldn’t have to sully my steam library with it. Has a pretty good mechanic hook but everything else is super vapid trying to hard to say nothing at all.

I’ve avoided this game so much and never realized how stupid the title was. Holy shit.

4 Likes