4 Likes

okay, fine

but I’m not responsible for their reaction to the pedo teacher

wait nevermind

hell must’ve frozen over if I got someone to not watch a cartoon

9 Likes

if you stop early you will miss hanshin

6 Likes

I love azumanga dioh so much that I dont fucking care about the teacher. also LITERALLY EVERYONE IN THE SHOW hates the teacher so he’s just a pathetic background worm, which is how we treated pedos in highschool too. the worst part with the teacher is when he dances with someone during a school dance fair thing, but it’s countered by the jets blastin fucking rainbow smoke because a girl is in love with another and gets to dance with her. UGHHHHH I LOVE THAT SHOW AND COMIC!!

18 Likes

22 Likes

Booted up The Incredible Machine 3 and got blasted with just the most overwhelmingly distorted MIDI I’ve ever heard on my computer, so I spent some time setting up the CD soundtrack. It’s a really eclectic mix but there’s a handful of bangers in there, check out this pseudo-Fagen track:

7 Likes

sniper elite 5 ended unsatisfyingly. got the “killed hitler” popup when we shot just some random bald nazi. hitler was nowhere to be found in the map. got some medal post mission for killing only hitler, when he was the only guy we didn’t kill. maybe the mission was actually to assassinate some random german soldier named joe hitler and I just wasn’t paying attention

9 Likes

played through ghost suburb ii today and yesterday, getting different endings.

i like how grained and dirty the tilesets look

also, fun enemies

cw: cartoony body horror?

i kinda wish i knew how to talk about this in better detail, but i liked it

17 Likes

if you wanna hear the midi properly, I totally recommend setting up the mt32 emulator, munt

really makes every dos/early-windows era game sound better than you remembered

3 Likes

I tried playing sniper elite 5 last night, had fun lining up a double headshot then jumped down off a ledge and softlocked the game as my dude was stuck in an endless falling animation 6 inches from the ground

Hilarious but I the only way to get out was to kill the game and I wasn’t particularly interested in relaunching it after that

4 Likes

Leaving my quarantine thread to say the character creator demo for Saints Row is up.

It’s not fully featured just yet (there doesn’t seem to be a way to really get into the granular facial tweaks, and the clothes available kinda suck), but it does look like they got the memo and have gone back as much as possible to Saints Row 2’s character creator, with that game’s gender slider (forget what it’s called here) back in play, which is rad.

Too bad the demo doesn’t let you play with outfit materials. I wanna say they brought back customizing clothing like Saints Row 2 let you, as well.

Also looks like, in light of the years of lawsuits against Fortnite dances, they’ve kinda pared back some of the emotes, but only a little. I don’t think Chris Farley’s estate is gonna sue for the Matt Foley emote.

Edit: finally home so I can share this nasty old man

5 Likes

I guess this is games adjacent. Printing translated proxy cards of Japanese TCGs is as easy and cheap as websites made them out to be. It’s like a little over $3.00 to print 6 colored pages from Fedex, and with 9 cards a page that’s enough to get a full 50 card deck. But what the websites never remind you of is how time consuming cutting and sleeving the cards will be.

Since this was my first time doing it, I went a little farther and also printed card backs for each game and bought a box of generic MTG land cards to put in the sleeve for structural integrity and card feel. The card sleeves are really flimsy and floppy when you’re just using regular paper, so it isn’t as easy to handle and it doesn’t seem like it’ll shuffle as easier either. There’s no weight to them.

So I’ve got some matte clear sleeves that have printed card back, a printed card front, and an actual MTG card in between. It all looks and feels real nice. Though I’ll probably forgo card backs and maybe the actual TCG cards if I do this again, to save money. Ironically, this proxy method makes it easier to deal with these double sided cards from Battle Spirits that require rules around using colored sleeves or official proxy cards in your deck, because those double sided cards don’t have card backs and can’t be shuffled into a deck normally. But since I’m just printed both sides of the card on paper, I can just put them into the same sleeve facing the same direction and give them a card back.

This is a test page I had printed out before hand to see how the card images I got would look. I’m surprised at how legible these are though despite the small image sizes. There’s definitely some weirdness going on, because some image files that were quite large printed out blurrier than this old Gundam War TCG card that was like a 300 x 250 image from 2 decades ago. Also, some times an image would print out with white streaks across from, which doesn’t seem like a thing a professional printer from Fedex should be doing.

17 Likes

just dropping by to say Battle Spirits owns

yooooooooooooo nice moves

what song is this?? i cant make out the sound but the chart looks incredibly familiar

It’s MAX 300

1 Like

I played MudRunner last night with some friends on PS4. It’s the third time I’ve ever played the game but I made fewer mistakes this time than previously. I like how every minute of the game is grueling work. Maybe I should go through the tutorial so I can learn how to use anything other than the basic truck bed log carriage.

One thing I didn’t realize before is that if you pass through a muddy patch more than once it gets even worse. Unless that was just my imagination.

16 Likes

I haven’t played Mudrunner yet, but from my time with Snowrunner - yeah, the ground gets worse the more you drive through it.

3 Likes