Games You Played Today Classic Mini

I finished Rain World and can’t really do the experience justice with many words on it atm. I did put together some excerpts from my passage, trials tribulations and beyond (spoilery bits + ending)

It’s a rare case where I recede from brutal designs and think the whole thing would be better maybe 15-20% easier. Keep the amazing procedural generation (creature behavior, animations) ease up on that sometimes will-breaking randomness. If uncovering more of its mysteries wasn’t twice as time consuming as simply surviving shelter to shelter, I’d love to lore it out. But it’s great.

Peacefully alone with the occasional horror.

6 Likes

i’ll tell you what is good: Saturn Outrun.

7 Likes

i’ve been playing Gran Turismo 2 (i just don’t want to fuck with PS2 emulator plugins) and having kind of a good time trying to tune a car to feel how i want while having absolutely no idea what anything does or means. originally i was just trying to make a car arcade drift the same way as in like, a ridge racer or initial d or something, but it’s kind of hard to get the car “swimmy” without it also spinning out on a dime, so now i’m just trying to get something that feels good. I switched from a Sileighty to a RX-7 Type RS (FD) '98 and a SILVIA spec-R (S15) '99, and those feel a bit better than the Sileighty after tuning. if anyone has any car suggestions or tips for tuning i’d be much obliged. i’ve mostly been adjusting the limited slip differential and the brake controller balance.

i’ve swapped the emergency and regular brake buttons, it’s a pretty good time.

i wish the racing modifications didn’t look like garbage. i like getting a black car with red or copper rims or a white or silver car with black rims, they look waaaay radder than the goofy as hell paint jobs they get with the racing modifications.

7 Likes

Nobody checks in on me more than Wizardry does.

Ive only really played GT3 and up buuut:
Maybe try an AWD car like a Skyline GTR with an adjustable center diff. You should be able to dial in the under and over steer to sort of equal out and reduce the tendency to spin while giving you maintainable slides. 20:80 is prolly good starting point for what you are doing. The closer to 50:50 you are harder you need to go to initiate. You’ll be using the e-brake to get the back end out, then using the throttle to regulate the angle. I like to keep the suspension looser on AWD cars so that under throttle the front end is light and under-steer is induced but with a tap of the brake you can make the nose dive a bit and get front end grip for transitions.

on rwd cars if you increase the tow-in on the rear wheels it will help catch the car once its going sideways which might help you get control of higher speed slides and deeper angles. Camber is good for grip driving but I find it makes on-grip / off-grip transitions more snappy and harder to control.

4 Likes

What do you think are the best games in the series I feel like I’ve somehow acquired several

1 Like

return of werdra

the one I’ve played the most is 8

I just played the prologue of Bayonetta and yeah I like it because it’s horny. I like that it’s a more wacky, even weirder Devil May Cry and the systems in place seem fun. I don’t know how much of it I’ll be able to take though because after the prologue I needed a breather and couldn’t dive straight into chapter 1.

I’m now going to either play Titanfall 2’s campaign or start a fresh game of nuDoom. The furthest I got in that game was half way through because I just love restarting it and playing the first levels again. Pretty much the same as with the original two games! The first levels just are the most fun… I think I must have started it close to 10 times now. I want to finish it at least once though before Doom Eternal comes out

Dark Spire is the best Wizardry game.

3 Likes

This game gets everything rightfor me so far. Mutant Year Zero

I am in a fantasia of video games. I have too many to play, it’s a big problem. But Iconoclasts is free on PSPlus so you know I gotta try that.

I just got to the second area, and so far it’s really pretty and charming! It feels good to play a well executed indie platformer. It’s got kind of a similar look to Owlboy, except it’s actually a pleasurable experience.

1 Like

We all are. I am not counting the 100 sega saturn discs.

2 Likes

does that include that fantasia game harmonix made

that came out, right?

1 Like

I actually enjoyed that one.

I just bought and played through all the levels of Tetris Effect and man I gotta figure out how to get my mom to play that.

1 Like

Dark Spire fucking owns. On that note, Etrian Odyssey (the first one) is fantastic if you can handle anime aesthetics.

1 Like

Yeah I’m the guy who posts chatlogs now. You wanna fuck with me?? You wanna fuck with me?? You like watching people get fucked for free?? I’m gonna fuck you up!

6 Likes

I’ve been playing Katamari Reroll on Switch. It’s a good port / upscale; they knew exactly what to fix and what to keep. The feel and texture of it is perfect (lol @ the Polygon article complaining that it can be awkward to control as if that isn’t the point).

4 Likes

Oh man, if we’re posting chat logs then pretty much any of our conversations are pure gold.

2 Likes