Games You Played Today: Actress Again: Current Code (Part 1)

V has golfing with unacceptable physics.

Figures. I bet it doesn’t even have a smooth golfing music.

Ahh…golf.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a minigame in any 3D GTA that hasn’t been completely unacceptable dogshit.

1 Like

i started another playthrough of Sekiro after giving up on the initial base-PS4 release because it was hard and i wasn’t in the mood any more.

now i have a processor than can run it correctly so I’m playing on pc and it is obviously better.

i killed the monkey boss a couple days ago after like 2-3 hours of attempts.

tonight i found the double monkey boss. this game is a mean person.

4 Likes

https://selectbutton.net/t/the-last-of-us-spoilers/ There’s a TLOU (general?) thread

1 Like

Great Post worth posting to say the post is great.

2 Likes

oh you too have discovered what it truly means to be a bungie fan

2 Likes

Anyone as far in Golf on Mars as I am? Was pretty anxious this weekend and found a lot of time to procrastinate.

5 Likes

Woah, woah, woah what in the name of Desert Golfing is this

fake edit: Oh it’s an actual sequel

thanks I hate it

6 Likes

The bit where it scrolls instead of just resting with a stroke when the ball leaves the screen is so delightfully hateful in a way that initially seems more forgiving.

2 Likes

I’m done with What the Golf? It has too many levels for its premise and navigating the world map is just a pain now.

1 Like

At the same time it solves the big problem with desert golf where there would be these levels where you needed one extremely specific angle and you’d just fail over and over again doing the pain in the ass setup for it every time. This makes it really unlikely to happen and instead maximizes the “oh fuck no stop stop stop you fucker” factor.

2 Likes

There’s another pretty impactful gameplay change they introduce a bit in, too. It’s a good sequel!

Also, a tip: two finger drag lets you scroll the screen in cases where you and the target hole don’t fit on the screen at the same time.

1 Like

Got a Raspberry Pi. The last time I had a general emulation machine was the Wii’s heyday so being able to remotely add games feels like magic to my caveman brain.
Anyways I’ve only been playing Chelnov all day

5 Likes

I’m about six hours into playable time capsule Disaster Report 4. It exists in near perfect equilibrium between charm and horseshit-even-for-2011 jank.

The charm’s winning out right now. There’s this sassy waitress in a flooded Italian restaurant who offers to sell you a hunk of parmigiano reggiano or a blob of ricotta she apparently keeps on her person and the walls are decorated with random stock photos of flowers, rustic homes (non-Italian) and a refinery.

Between this and Shenmue III I really wouldn’t mind if this sort of game-out-of-time just sticks around as a Thing, like the adult contemporary of video games.

8 Likes

Cool.

I played it.

Here are the two songs:

5 Likes

I put in a few hours this past week into The Blackout Club. I just refunded it though. The concept is pretty fun, the devs care a lot about generating lore through community participation which is unique. You can opt-in to a feature where you “pray” to the Eldritch Old One type gods that are influencing the suburban town in the game, and the devs will hear your questions and feed them back into “dreams” which you can listen to after you complete missions. It’s usually like players roleplaying as the neighborhood kids asking lore questions, getting garbled scary replies about Things That Should Not Be etc.

But the gameplay was pretty unchallenging and repetitive. For a co-op game, everyone who was playing it was pretty independent and managed to complete objectives on their own. That might speak to, like, the bad assness of these kids functioning like a real squad in the way the narrative presents them but it’s boring as player because you just don’t really need each other that much. People were talking over mic and having fun but in the time I was playing it I never figured out how to share their enthusiasm for what we were doing.

I like the idea of these weird co-op or PvP/PvE hybrid games we’re seeing, but they rarely seem to work. My favorites are still Friday the 13th the Video Game and Hunt Showdown, which are all pretty different but I think allow for a hybridity of interests to find satisfaction from the game depending on how players want to play and what they want to pay attention to. Blackout Club was very narrow int his regard, it was only complete the objectives and the objectives were easy to complete for the most part. Bummer!

2 Likes

commands for gamers

10 Likes

I wish I could be as happy as that girl

6 Likes

I got to the Druaga boss… but I actually have no idea how to damage it…

5 Likes