Games You Played Today: 358 Threads Over 2

SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED SHION I NEED TO BE CLEANED

3 Likes

i remember trying to play xenosaga once in like high school and i think my memory is of playing like 90 minutes and dying to a boss and then replaying that 90 minutes and dying to the same boss and then never playing it again. or something like that

4 Likes

I played it once in highschool and fell asleep during the opening cutscene

4 Likes

I’m trying to play myst for like the 4th time in my life and I think I’m just too stupid for these games

1 Like

i have beaten xenosaga the whole game is one long opening cutscene

6 Likes

OH YEAH I FORGOT someone has a libble rabble ringtone in xenosaga that rules

7 Likes

honestly with what they choose to spend money making now its criminal this guy didnt get to make his six part ps2 eva fan fiction epic because im having more fun playing this game which sucks more often than not (oh god the battle system though…) than most of the games ive played released in the past like 3 years

4 Likes

a poll of 280 people on gamefaqs and 34% of them responded theyve played xenosaga 4 or more times. one guy plays through all three once a year. its so good for your hurt wrists

6 Likes

astonishingly high-effort zzt adventure game

not sure what to say yet other than that i’ve been enjoying it thus far. been playing it for a couple hours, but i feel like i’m less than halfway through.

4 Likes

just a quick post to say i’ve been playing this game Salad Fields from last year. it’s by a queer furry couple, one of whom made this extremely hard but very unique platformer Mibbili’s Quest originally in 2014 that got a little bit of attention at the time.

for Salad Fields… beyond being weird and having nice wonky 3d art, it’s a really surprisingly deep puzzle game. it reminds me the most of Michael Brough’s game Corrypt (in that it’s a puzzler with narrative elements). so if you like challenging ambitious Sokobon style-games and don’t mind all the occasionally cutesy furry stuff then i definitely recommend checking it out. it also has just an “exploration mode” for wandering around without the puzzles… though i think the puzzles are kind of the heart of the experience. also here are a few screens:

the puzzle mechanics seem to switch up but the puzzles are kind of on separate screens from the narrative parts generally.

i liked this character. some of the dialogue is clever and some of it is a bit too cutesy/dare i say “wholesome” for me, but the game is weird enough that it’s an ignorable fault.

love this stage select screen. the game has a lot of wonky 90’s-esque 3d art backgrounds.

14 Likes

Every grandma in the world played Myst, you can too

Petition for parker to stream his mystplaying in discord so we can yell at him

1 Like

damn i was just thinking about trying to play myst for the third time myself

Am I the only one who found it to be unplayable?
(played it on the Switch, anniversary edition)

i would say one of the more difficult barriers to entry in myst is that the very first thing you have to do is pretty specific and if you miss it you just aren’t ever going to make any progress

you gotta rotate the tower in the library and then climb up the tower on each rotated point to see the initial hints

probably the worst-designed bit of myst, and it’s a hard gate. you won’t get anywhere until you do that, and it’s one of the least interesting, least sensical bits!

2 Likes

The game does explicitly instruct you to do this, but only if you read the note on the docks.

Curiously, I think the note got removed in this rerelease but the clue associated with the note is still present. Maybe it was a bug when I replayed the game the other night, it just never appeared

this clue:

supposed to be the first thing you find in the game but it just didn’t appear

3 Likes

Lots of LSD and THPS on the RG350 while watching my impending doom in real time. The storm actually tracked more north than expected so my area was spared the major devastation that was predicted! Sucks for the other folks though :frowning:

18 Likes

finally played through a full game of Wily & Light’s Rock Board: That’s Paradise using the translation patch.

the game is honestly not too bad, and is mostly like Monopoly if Monopoly had more direct ways to attack other players and take over their properties (which, imo, makes it better). tbf i think it was a really weird misstep to have the only playable characters be side characters and none of the robots that people care about, but like, also it rules to be able to play as Kalinka. you can transform into robot masters for a turn, though, if you land on the transformation space (although you can’t do anything else like buy properties or collect money, so it’s debatable how useful that really is).

going to see if i can convince some of my unfortunate friends to play this with me

9 Likes

like bioshock, mark of the ninja is another game that we totally drew on paper in 90s elementary school

so i want our turn based x-wing game made reality as well

2 Likes

It is true in minature form.

SMT Nocturne HD has just been my life this past week

13 Likes