Games You Played Today: 358 Threads Over 2

playing a lot of disgaea. the first one. i played very far into it back in my teens but never really finished it. kinda trying to “quickly” put together an overpowered team, which means i’ve probably spent more time in the item world than doing story missions.

the mechanics really are novel and fun in how you just kinda break stuff in weird ways. like, the geo effects where you can either try to play a sequence puzzle game while trying to not kill all the enemies, or use their effects to your advantage. or how you can undo player actions to set up the same characters for multiple team attacks. or how you can use the infinitely stackable throw mechanics to pretty much move anywhere you want in a single turn.

had a very long time where i just considered this game very slow and grindy, and getting back to it and using all this stuff to speed through leveling up feels good.

also played and finished pythagoras’ perpetual motion machine.
it’s a block pushing puzzle game about setting up perpetually looping patterns of rolling boulders.
not very long or difficult. still very satisfying to get these 3d contraptions to work and seeing the resulting loop.

17 Likes