Games You Played Today: 358 Threads Over 2

I’m amused at the way New Colossus finds ways to increase the spectacle and hilarity, getting to kill my dad, the moment of triumph clearing the courtroom level, followed by the emotional ventilation of it being a daydream sequence, feeling of sadness from the execution scene, genuinely wondering if I am getting a bad ending, or if this is a specific timeline from choices I made, going through all the stages of grief until I start nervously laughing at BJ getting the DIO treatment, all of this cleverly lampshaded by the following conversation with Anya about whether this is all a dream or the afterlife, but oh no, no time to love your hot pregnant wife BJ because you have sneak into Hitler’s base on planet venus where you get to watch him piss and puke himself on screen. I especially like that part because it’s like, “We have to have Hitler in our game for plot reasons and we want to avoid making him seem like a cool badass villain by any means so we are going to give him the most cartoonishly senile and paranoid interpretation we can so you know that we hate him”. The writers broadcast how intentionally they took every corner of tone shifting with this game and I love it. still gonna finish it later but for now it just keeps delivering

14 Likes