Games with good rice fields

I listened to the snexploration podcast episode about aerobiz where they talk about nobunaga’s ambition for a while and mention the rice fields. For some reason this got me excited so i looked at some videos and didnt like the game’s presentation rly. Not enough rice fields for me. Anyway now im hungry for a rice field game but also a nice one, not just any rice field game. In my mind it’s a top down rice field strategy management whatever type thing but i am open to anything. Maybe this should just be a galaxy oddity rice thread :rice::ear_of_rice:

5 Likes

Skulls of the Shogun

Haunt rice paddies for resources. Burn rice at shrines to summon more spooky spirits

~aggrandisement disclaimer~

2 Likes

oboromuramasa

9 Likes

16 Likes

Siren and Siren Blood Curse have real ole rice patties for you to navigate.

Same with my memory of Way of The Samurai???

Who is going to play the two dozen morally-questionable Vietnam based FPSes for rice field goodness?

2 Likes

now there’s a game I completely forgot about that I really wanted to play

please do, the whole series is pretty fantastic but the first one in particular has that essential PS2 quality that is kind of hard to define but instantly recognizable

5 Likes

are those flooded rice fields in the background of ibuki’s 3s stage?

3 Likes

I thought for sure that Dirt 2 had a rally through a stage with Rice fields. But, I’m having trouble finding supporting evidence.

yeah but you got BUSHIDO in your title can I really trust you to be an unbiased recommender of this samurai video game

1 Like

im seconding

Meauxdal is Bushido AF but never said anything about seppuku alright

1 Like

Crystalis (maybe)

crystalis_field

8 Likes

I gotta play wots for more than a couple hours one of these days

i was gonna suggest muramasa, but it’s already in here

I’ve scrolled through Let’s Plays of a good number of them and have not come across a good rice field yet. They seem to focus on misty forests and tunnels and such.

Bad Company 2 has a pretty good one, with terraced rice plots and lots of green colors. Its not the most beautiful example. But its a pretty good map for ducking and shooting…

Friend gave me a little tour of yokai watch today. It has rice fields. You can catch bugs in them and stuff.

It also has a surprisingly robust train network but thats another thread.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Hi no tori (konami, famicom, 1986)

7 Likes