Games to listen to music to!

mute the tv and put a cd on given the era : -)

i play everybody’s golf and burnout paradise with the spotify app

2 Likes

monster hunter 3ds games have been great for this

2 Likes

I really miss custom soundtracks on the Xbox/Xbox 360.

2 Likes

musou games and power metal albums about fantasy battles are such a good fit that someone should really tell koei

5 Likes

Oh, yeah, I’ve never played a musou game but I can totally see them being the ultimate games to play music to. Repetitive, semi-engaging, constant beatdowns on hundreds of enemies, that sounds perfect for zoning out to some cool tunes.

2 Likes

i really miss specifically the xbox ones, because they were blended into the games and it was great. they would load with the levels and such so timing was a thing.

The ps4 letting me use spotify in most games is nice though.

1 Like

I mean, I feel like someone did, but Koei just took it to mean pure buttrock.

don’t you need to hear the monsters?

1 Like

Can we step back and thank @OneSecondBefore for a damn killer thread?

4 Likes

You didn’t list one driving game, but they tend to be the best for me in terms of games to listen to your own music to.

3 Likes

Oh and I used to play the original Grand Theft Auto on PC and put random CDs I owned in the disc drive. The radio stations and songs were just time stamps so you’d steal a car and be in the middle of whatever weird stuff you put in. It worked best with homemade mix CDs.

3 Likes

Aw, thanks Milkman!

I just saw that Cultist Simulator got a new DLC, and it reminded me that it also fits all my conditions of a great Game To Listen To Music To. A lot of it is even spent just waiting for timers to finish.

sound on, music off

2 Likes

I’ve not actually done this once in my nearly 200 hours of MHW. Game just doesn’t feel grindy somehow

1 Like

Playing Destiny to PS4 Spotify is dope. I’ve discovered The Rippingtons, Between You and Me (the video is awful) and “Gloria” by The Midnight.

Just Cause 3 also required just about the same level of concentration but that was a lawnmower sim.

I mean I have to switch songs through my phone/ipod so it is draining the battery of that device but the actual PS4 app isn’t great so it’s fine.

Also anytime a boss fight happens I can pause for 10 seconds queue up Ready To Die and just have a good time.

2 Likes

are the Takenobu Mitsuyoshi albums on spotify just for PAL land?

very much not in US land, no.

oh no ;_;

try looking for sega sound team

There is a TON of Sega Sound Team stuff.

They are on the JP.

Almost certainly on the US too