Game Feel Anomaly

i got asuka 120% burning festival maxima for pc engine the other day, and that’s a very satisfying game. all the hits feel so solid.

master system ninja gaiden feels great to play. you feel like a flow of water traversing the stage.

nothing in skyrim feels satisfying, but using magic was especially bad

1 Like

The flips in Neir 2 are particularly good because the characters have various ones that happen for different reasons.

2 Likes

I was trying to think of another example of “runs fast but moves slow” and Mega Man X is perfect, thank you for reminding me. I really just love exaggerated running motions for moving slowly

any game where you can bypass the walk cycle with short tapping or using some kind of cancel method so you just slide around the room flat footed is 10/10 GOAT

3 Likes

obligatory diplo post:

@1:00

http://grimsynergy.wikidot.com/goddu-dash

2 Likes

You’ve played PS2 Shinobi, right? Because he had the best goddamn scarf that IIRC started as kinda a joke/error in development and then was so awesome they kept is because it is the best.

3 Likes

I think the scarf also featured in the TV commercial for the game

I love “near misses” and “threading the needle” in Burnout/Saints Row/Forza Horizon. I swear there’s physics and sound applied to the non-collision to make it feel the way it does, but they’re hard to separate from my teeth clenching.

2 Likes

God Hand is the best game cuz u must normal run everywhere actually

2 Likes

Ultimate game feel of slowly pony clopping through the resident evil mansion aahhh

1 Like

sleeping dogs clean drive achievement :grinning:

3 Likes

A taste for long scarves and after-images meant that Shinobi was a shoo-in

I also like 9,999 lunges/punches a moment movements, so :fistoftulkas:*

• and sadness that Marth’s forward-B combo isn’t that viable

welp

1 Like

I would love some context for that Berserk video.

looks like a hack to get a static boss version of Mr. Mushroom playable; I see the uploader has another one to play as Femto

leave it to a Musou game to surpass all others in looking purely stupid

2 Likes

no it looks like the greatest thing

1 Like

we can allow for stupid being within rad game

other way around

:dansemacabre:

I really like double-tapping on a d-pad direction to start running. Specifically in Kirby. It’s very satisfying.

Any game that lets you create something out of thin air, infinitely. The Phantom Cube in Lyle in Cube Sector is a great example of this because it’s so big and chunky, and also gives you a double jump. I always loved pulling bombs out as Link, especially in the first SSB.

Speaking of double jumps, guns that give you lift or slow your descent when fired directly down. There’s one in 20XX that’s real nice, and there’s one in Cave Story IIRC.

5 Likes

there is one in cave story, yes. also, there’s a game called downwell that is entirely about shooting downwards to slow your descent. it’s really good

4 Likes