galerians

Ok so I googled this and only found http://archives.4-ch.net/dqn/kareha.pl/1172127452/ wtf

3 Likes

wtf still

marginalized groups gaining psychic powers and using them to enact justice is so cool. what a better power fantasy than angry white man with gun. galerians is just making me think about that. i cant believe this is about drug addicts fighting city infrastructure and the products of a flawed system. dorothy is late capitalism? dorothy is told to act human and make michaelangelo city into a city humans want and she initially assumes humans want pain and war. the AI misunderstanding human command thing is so played out obviously but still

4 Likes

i told a techno anarchist professor i had once about the concept of mick foley’s “mankind” character and how mankind’s favorite thing in the world is for people to inflict pain on him and he almost broke down in amazement i think

12 Likes

im working on playlists for the two musical vibes of galerians: early nine inch nails / industrial illbient / what doom really sounds like & nu-metal with vague electronics

the more alienated from how people remember those musical movements the better

5 Likes

Thanks american and Felix for saving this thread

liila

I have come here to blow your head off now!

1 Like

interview with masahiko hagio, the composer 4 galerians:

https://web.archive.org/web/20030604165208/interviews.rocketbaby.net/interviews_masahiko_hagio_gal.shtml

he was really into acid house and he wanted left 4 dead style sound design in galerians: ash

i’ve been seeing galerians profile pictures on twitter and youtube a lot lately

4cf056f9195a55a7f40ee2bec1322b0e

hi-c is really good check him out

sometimes i see rion in a youtube comment and it scares me

this looks like the first criterion collection game release:

SONY-PS2-Japan-The-Last-Galerians-ASH-RION

the credits are on the front

whats next for galerians? nothing

maybe there should be an american doujin tribute album. i would invest into and showrun that

if galerians became like the american touhou… i mean everyone in galerians looks like a bratz doll, everyone in touhou looks like a weird… fuckin… idk

4 Likes

galerians
balerinas

hmm

1 Like